Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Redmond Pike (report)
went back down to Redmond on sunday with my boy's (to give mom a brake Wink Wink) and we did not do as good as last week but we did get some pike.. my 4year old was the big winner this time with 4 pike one was around 4 lbs.. i got 3 fishing with a 3" walleye assasin with a green tail and missed about 4 others.. anchovys was the best bait for the boys they missed alot of fish.. but 7 fish was not a bad day for redmond.. [Image: SORE9571CustomImage0061426.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0049395.jpg]

[Image: SORE9571CustomImage0057183.jpg]

from the fuzzyfisher--------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Nice pike Fuzzy.........It looks like you all had a great time! Giving Mom a break,,,,,,I love it!
[signature]
Nice pike were any of them very fat. what color walleye assasin did you use? did you try any spoons? what colord worked the best? After seeing these pics i think that i am going to go try redmond my next day off.
I believe I would vote for that young man in the blue shirt for president! There's nothing he can't do!

[Wink]

sm
[signature]
the walleye assasin's i used was trout and a clear and white with black gliter and a green tail.. the one with the green tail got more hit's but the trout caught 2 of the 3 fish i caught..as fare as spoons i have ran all of the ones that have worked in the past there the last 3 times there and not even a hit on any of them[Sad].. same luck with rapala's not a hit on any of them.. if you plan on running lures there plan on loseing alot of them!!! that lake eat's alot of them.. and i was running 20lbs test and lost my fare shair[Sad]..

from the fuzzyfisher---------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
not too bad for some little kids, is that the normal pike size, i always thought pike were big
[signature]
will i have seen 18lbs pike come out of that lake.. but that was 17years ago i have not seen any big pike there this year..about the biggest one i have seen is 4lbs this year..i am not saying they are not there just that i have not seen one.. i have not seen or heard of any bass there this year ether and there was 3 to 6 lbs bass in redmonds as well..

from the fuzzyfisher-------------------fish on dudes
[signature]
Nice pics. Looks like you had alot of fun. Here is a stupid question. How do you pick those guy pike up. I know they have teeth are they like a musky or what?
[signature]
yes they are just like musky!!! lot's of teeth!!! some pepole like to grab them under the gill plate but that can damage the gill's so i just grab them behind the head and try not to hurt them..geting them to open there mouth is the hard part some times make shour that you have 2 pare of pliers with you one to hold the mouth open and one to get the hooks out..

from the fuzzyfisher------------------fish on dude
[signature]
hey fuzzy what is a walleye assasin? what does it look like? just wondering cause i have a ton of gear and dont know names of everything i have can you post a picture of it?
[signature]
[cool]The Assassin line of plastics include a whole range of sizes shapes and colors. Here is a shad colored "Walleye Assassin"...in 3" size.

[url "http://www.4fishin.com/walleye.htm"][Image: WA32300.jpg][/url]

It is one of numerous "paddle tail" plastics that have a great vibration when just reeled through the water without a lot of jigging.

For walleyes and other species in Utah, carry an assortment of whites, pearls, chartreuse and two tone minnow colors as above.
[signature]
thanks tube dude ! already have those but never used them have them. guess i need to use more of my gear more often.
[signature]
[cool]So many lures...so many fishies...so much water...so little time.

Work is the single greatest interruption of one's fishing schedule. Spouses can be a serious detractor too.
[signature]
LICKILY MY WIFE LIKES TO FISH! WE SPENT MOTHERS DAY FISHING! LOVE HER TO DEATH!

[Smile]
[signature]
[cool]That's my situation. TubeBabe is kinda like American Express. I can't leave home without her. She even whups my butt on a few trips too. Keeps her off the streets.

But, it sure makes it more difficult to grab a look at the bikinis on the power squadron when TubeBabe is watching.
[signature]
Hey fuzzyfisher ... saw that you are from Mt. Pleasant. I have spent many a day (as a young girl) fishing (or tagging along) in the canyons above Fairview. My summers were divided between Spring City and Mt. Pleasant. I have many fond memories of those times!
[signature]
oh so thats how you and tubedude know so much of this area!! all i can say is that i am glad to be back after 15 years in So cal.. but some of my old fishing holes are not as good as i rember..yuba, 9mile,e-lake, gunison res,the ponds below spring city, and the chester ponds, all but yuba and e-lake have been drained the last 2 years from what i have heard..and yuba and e-lake, are not to fare from it now.. but good to hear from you!! hope all this snow we got this year hepls!!

from the fuzzyfisher----------------fish on dudes and dudettes[cool]
[signature]