Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
henry's lake
"Don't know about you but once I have landed that 28" trough 35" I don't care if I catch anything else[laugh] Unless it is a 36"![laugh][laugh][laugh] "

Have you got any pics of the 35"?
[signature]
Hey so ive been fishin henry's for the last two days, yesterday i did better in the afternoon, got two four pound hybrids and a dink driftin deep crawlers and dropshotting. This morning i went over to the cliffs but nobody was catchin anything over two pounds so i tried the county boat dock and got a three pound cutt then headed over to the northshore and got five fish between two and three pounds trollin. Any idea where the bigger fish are or how i should go about targeting them? I'm liking the north shore
[signature]
They are scattered for sure. The biggest I caught this trip was 30" but it was during the storm and water chop.
I did the best at Cliffs. I found a honey hole that I was hooking fish every cast for a short time.
I don't fish bait, just flies, but I can tell you, I use a TYPE II and I have close to 80' of line out so it is on the bottom, slow long strips with occasional quick jerks...plus right flies (thanks Lynn and Everet)
Here is 35:

[Image: signature.jpg]

[Image: HenrysLakeBFT4.jpg]
[signature]
Wow! That's a toad! Thanks for posting those!
[signature]
How deep were you fishing at the northshore?
[signature]
not too deep, using quarter ounce spinners on eight pound fluoro and lettin it out until its just above the vegetation, probably ten feet maybe a little more. the two and three pounders have been killing it but i cant find anything over four. this windstorm might mess stuff up a little two, the whole south side of the lake is totally brown
[signature]
Good question Everet. I know I was hooking hogs, but I was right on the bottom.
[signature]
Wow nice fish, I will be up there towards the end of next month. Hopefully I can hook into one like that. What type of fly were you using?
[signature]
One was a #4 streamer black and orange marabou softhackle (Lynn Scott from B.S. Fly came up with this one)

I caught most the fish on that. The other would be a B.S. Flies Electric Black or I used a Midnight Fire (It is a #12 Streamer, Black Marabou Tail, Black Chenille with blue, red, gold flickers in it, and Palmer Black Hackle...a woolly bugger) The last one worked in three colors. They are Gartside Gurglers or Tadpoles. Scud hook in #10 to #14. I use Zonker (Rabbit hair) for tail cause it last longer but you can use marabou. Make the tail LONG. Then chenille body and close cell strip across the back with a TAG at the hook eye so it wiggles and bounces.
Colors; Total Olive / Orange Tail and foam and red body / Mid Night Fire, black tail and foam.
[signature]
Ya i was curious how the Northshore was doing, sounds like its got a little while. Hopefully hit again two or three times this week.
[signature]
Went out yesterday over by the cliffs . I caught 12 my buddy caught 5 . We kept two 4.5 pounders . One of the fish we caught was a Brookie . Curt G.
[signature]
Sounds like a pretty good day up there. Did you by chance check the water temp?
[signature]
The surface was 60 , on the bottom in 15' it was 58 .
[signature]