Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Utah DWR Northern Region Fishing Report - 8/27/08
MANTUA RESERVOIR: Three groups of anglers interviewed Tuesday had all caught fish. One angler caught several nice perch-up to 11 inches-using a small piece of a worm on a hook. The other anglers reported fair fishing for small bluegill and bass.

NEWTON RESERVOIR: Water temperatures continue to drop favorably, but water levels are dropping dramatically also. DWR habitat biologist Kent "Sorno" Sorenson gave the following report, "Fishing is out of this world at Newton with myself and Matt Burgess boating 20 muskies on Friday, all ranging from 27.5 to 35 inches. The ramp is well out of the water and whereas launching a boat is no problem, getting it back out is. I do not advise trying it with a boat that is more than about 14 feet long. Trolling cranks was hot." Logan angler Travis Hollingshead also reported catching a beautiful smallmouth bass that weighed in at three pounds!

Photo

PINEVIEW RESERVOIR: Another report from Sorno, "Pineview is slower, but the rewards are greater with bigger fish available for those willing to put up with a few hours of little action. Anglers are catching panfish in the narrows from shore, but very little (relatively) angling pressure was observed this weekend. This is usually the case as fall approaches. Smallmouth fishing seems to be mystifying most anglers, with sporadic catches, but no real pattern emerging; but from what I observed, I would try topwater in the early morning hours."

UINTA MOUNTAINS: Fall offers some of the best fishing of the year for the Uintas, but be prepared for below-freezing temperatures overnight and cool daytime temperatures.