Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
09/11/2001
[inline 9-11-01.jpg]
[signature]
Amen to that DR..

MacFly
[signature]
It is so hard to forget. I was still an EMT at the time. I spent a week out there. It was not a pretty site.
[signature]
I remember I was sleeping off the night shift and my youngest (now MrsMacLarry) woke me up telling me some group from the middle east had attacked some building in New York.. I mumbled something about thats impossible it is probably some small plane accident.. then as we were watching the first tower we saw the second plane come in and hit the second tower.. I sat down hard in my recliner in disbelief... my first thought was that my intel buddies had not done their jobs.. cause if they had this could not of happen..

as I sat there with my daughter watching all that was going on I called into work and told them I was not coming in.. for whatever reason I needed to be home with my family.. as it turned out it would of been impossible to get to work since Camp Pendelton is on the way to work.. they were at high security and the back up on the freeway was absolutely insane.. it was like that for the next month or so..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
i was in kuwait. i remember seeing it happen on tv. i got up, went and got my weapon and waited for work. people were passing me and asking what happened i told them to go watch tv. i got sent back to japan a week later, and was only home for two weeks before i was told to pack my bags, i was being assigned to a MEU (Marine Expeditionary Unit) and going to the Stan where i did courier duty for the (barely set up and functional at the time) US Embassy.
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][inline "36_15_54[1].gif"][/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hi there kochanut and we thank you for your service to our country.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]