Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Take a disabled Veteran fishing
I have been running this through my head for a wile, and any and all help is needed...

I am willing to take a DAV fishing for a day but one should only be a start if we all pool our resources...

I don't know how or where to start for sure, and know no one can do this by there self and do it right...

This is what I would like to get started with....
1. pick a day like a saturday...

2. Get as many boats and helpers as we can to take as many of the DAV out fishing as we can...

And maybe have a picnic for all of them and helpers as well...And try to make this happen each year...

The first year may be small, but think of how good it could make them fell...

But I need help from you all...

I don't want to be in charge but I would like to be the first in line to help, we need a some one to or who knows how to get it going and lead...

Who is willing to help in any way???
[signature]
Sounds good to me. Willing to offer my boat and help where I can.
[signature]
This sounds like a great idea. My boat is available, not much of an event coordinator though.
[signature]
Me four! Probably would have to have you show me how to fish so whoever I took with us was not so disappointed. Would help organize.
[signature]
contact your local VFW (look in the phone book). they will get the ball rolling for you. chances are they will want you to take the younger guys. anyway, they will probably also put you in touch with some support agencies that will addd you to a list of people willing to volunteer your time. anyway, yea...... call the VFW there in UT to get this started.
[signature]
i have a boat and im more than willing to help!heck even if we fish from shore or ice im sure our vet's would love it.i would love to help enyone who has gave me the freedom to fish eny lake i chose at free will, the chance to go fishing and meet a knew freind.
[signature]
I would be more than willing to donate my time and boat anytime you need it Cliff, I have all the ice fishing gear as well. Great idea.[fishin]
[signature]
Thanks to all who has answered Monday I will give the DAV a call and see, I think we can get some of the stores to help once we have a plan and date set...

I should have started this two months ago after I find out more I will post what I find...

Anyone who finds out any thing let us know...
How do you think of doing this at the Berry sounds???

Thanks...
[signature]
I don't think ice fishing would be too good for them...

The cold and they may not have the cold weather boots and coveralls it takes...

But to take them out in a boat and hook them up with a good fish or fishes would be great...
[signature]
Count me in!!! Let me know if there is anything I can do as far as "up at Hill Air Force Base" is concerned. Just woke up so I cant think that well, but I am sure some people will come up with some things to get the ball rolling.
TS
[signature]
If you are going to try it before freeze up I'm pretty much free in Oct., Nov. starts my hunts in WY.[fishin]
[signature]
Hi Cliff,
Count me and my boat in too! I think that Strawberry would be a good place to go, especially since it should really be turning on soon. Keep us posted. Fred K.
[signature]
I have no boat, but I would be willing to give my time.
[signature]
We need some one when we have a date to keep a list of people who has boats and how many they can fish out of it, but don't over crowed some could be in wheel chairs....

Can BFT help with keeping a post up at the top when we need it???
[signature]
Cliff,

Heckuvan idea! I'm in with my boat. Can take a couple with me & got gear they can use. My work schedule is crazy & I've only got two weekends in four where I'm off but I'd be glad to take a vacation day if the event falls while I'm working and you need me. Oh, I got a 4 dr. pickup so room isn't an issue.
[signature]
[cool][#0000ff]When somebody actually assumes responsibility, and a date and place is confirmed, we can make a "sticky thread" at the top of the page. Just be sure the first post lists all the details so that those interested do not have to look down through the whole thread to get the info.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]I understand you not wantling to run the show. That can be a big pain. I applaud your idea, but somebody has to organize it or it will not happen. I suggest a committee of at least two or three members, who can divide up responsibilities.[/#0000ff]
[#0000ff][/#0000ff]
[#0000ff]Good luck.[/#0000ff]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]Cliff,[/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4] [/size][/#800000][/font]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][#800000][size 4]I’m in! This is a great idea and I think it will take a lot of coordinating and planning to be successful. I would suggest a small (3 to 5 people) committee be formed to spearhead this effort. It might be a little late in the year to make it happen this fall, but I’m 100% sure we could have a great happening next spring. I would also suggest having it on the free fishing day so licensing would not be an issue. I would also like to volunteer to be one of the committee members IF we can agree to do it next spring. What do the rest of you think?[/size][/#800000][/font]
[signature]
Bob Hicks, from Utah
I'm 81 years young and going as hard as I can for as long as I can.
"Free men do not ask permission to bear arms."
i wonder if my brother could do it. it wouldent be TO difficult. he is active durty as well and alot of these guys will be able to relate with him...... just a suggestion is all.
[signature]
You said what I was trying to 3 to 5 people and to do this right this fall is too soon, I want to be on the committee and dubob said he did as well we could use 3 more...

I will make a few calls to the DAV and others and find out some of what we may need to do but I think July or August time frame...
[signature]
I think summer time frame, longer days and warmer mornings..

Thanks your name in...
[signature]