Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
info on Preston turkeys?
Anyone ever hunt turkeys down around Preston area? I've tried it up in the panhandle but that's a bit of a long drive for me. I hear there is a pretty good population south though but getting access is pretty spotty. If anyone could recommend some public land areas that are decent bets or know of anyone that owns land down there and is friendly to hunters I'd appreciate it.
thanks in advance.
[signature]
the info is correct there are A LOT of turkeys down here in Preston ive lived here 20 yrs now and i can remember when they planted those darn birds hunting now is very popular in the Preston area for them so what public land there is you might as well pick a number and wait in line lol

But the best places i can think of to get them would be up Burch Creek up in the Mink Creek area or even the Mink Creek area there are large numbers of birds the River Dale area is very posted so you can see that but keep going up like you are going to Strawberry Canyon and you will hit Mink Creek and Burch Creek is by the Mink Creek church house you can Google it maybe or i can send you a pm with a little bit more info if you dont know where im talking about......

i added some pix i took of scouting for my spring hunt this spring the pix where taken in Feb this spring hunt was short for me [Wink]
[signature]
Thanks for the info. It's probably the most helpful I've heard yet. I just might have to give it a try if I can get away. Keep me posted on any further developments if you hear them.
[signature]