Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Funny Fishing Story
[inline "Cat Fish.jpg"][laugh] Wasn't sure how this would go over since it's not an actual "fish" involved and posted in misc. , had macfly55 check it out and he suggested I share it here.too................

"CAT" fishing......

Most appropriate place I could find to post this. Back in my drinking days (ok years), down in the middle of the Mojave desert, hours from real fishing and visiting with my very social little sis for a few days, this just kind of happened.
She was having the only giant neighborhood party of her life, I think it started in 1974 and still sounded strong last time I called. Anyways, the local conversation (ok, bunch of drooling ruffians all trying to talk over each other) gravitated to fishing, then catfishing.
Long story short, we ended up tying the cats favorite little catnip stuffed mouse to my light spinning combo and cast it from the living room couch into the kitchen about 30 feet away. Mind you the kitchen group has no idea what was going on and on our first cast all we netted was a few priceless looks.
Very second cast out, wiggled it a little bit and wow, what a strike, 20 pound striper, Turbo the cat absolutely pounced on it and tore out the pet door stripping line like mad. Three of us traded off fighting that cat for several minutes and actually got it landed back at the couch.
You have a cat, you have to try this, raises the bar on hysterically funny stuff [img]../../../images/gforum/laugh.gif[/img] [img]../../../images/gforum/shocked.gif[/img] [img]../../../images/gforum/Wink.gif[/img]
[img]../../../images/gforum/caught.gif[/img]
[signature]
Im still laughing at it off and on.. and now the picture you led with brings it all together...

.. Id say its time for the rest of our members to post their funniest "fishing story"... mine was the one about catching a MacLarry.. can anyone top that?? [sly]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
A Macwhathe? LMAO and I haven't a clue what it is, I caught an Evinrude 9.9 going for rock cod after the chubasco of '75
[signature]
[#0000bf]MacLarry is my son in law. We went to visit them this past July in TN. He had took advantage of several chances that were given to us and wet a line on a small river near their place. On the last day before we left he and I went fishing for the last time. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]He was upstream of me by about 20 yards and fishing a small little hole where he was catching some small gills. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]I moved up a bit, then a bit more firguring he was moving up as well. Turns out he was so intent on his little honey hole that he did not notice me moving upstream. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]I had been casting upstream and letting my fly drift down with the current. Id gotten to a point where I turned and was casting downstream into a small hole.[/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]My back was to MacLarry and as I was backcasting I hear this loud (cussing) yell from behind me. Something told me to stop my forward cast (probably the cussing :- ) ) I turned around to see (and hear) that he was messing with my line. I walked up to see what was going on and saw that I had hooked him in his upper lip. It was not deep and it was a barbless hook so it was easy enough for him to remove. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]Afterwards we kind of looked at him and Smiled and said I told you Id catcht the biggest fish on the stream.. he looked at me rubbing his lip and then we both burst out laughing. It took a bit to settle down from the laughing but we did. Occassionally Id see him rubbing his lip and start laughing again but since he was not seriously hurt it was all in good fun.. [/#0000bf]
[#0000bf][/#0000bf]
[#0000bf]MacFly [cool][/#0000bf]
[signature]
OWWUUUUUCH [pirate]
[signature]
thats what he was yelling.. .lol. among other things..

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]No comments necessary.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline hil.jpg]
[signature]
[#005000]actually it was his upper lip.. but that cartoon works for me.. LOL.. [/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]what about you DR.. whats your funniest fishing story??[/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]MacFly [cool][/#005000]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: bobmad.gif]Well I can't think of one right now, however this tale is not funny for it really pi**ed me off at the time. A few years ago while I was staying in Victor Idaho decided to ask the local Fly Fishing outlet as to where a good place would be to wet a fly. The gal who owned the shop gave me a hand drawn map so off I went. After leaving the hwy the dirt & gravel road was worse than traveling on a wash board. I had to keep my speed down to less than 10 mph or take the chance of being thrown through the roof of my car. Don't think that my dog enjoyed the trip either. About a half hour later I came to the location that the gal described. She neglected to mention a minor detail.[shocked] What might that be - WATER! Well there was a few drop. Yea maybe for a gold fish bowl. Oh did you notice the barbed wire? No way was I going try to get through & ruin a good pair of Simm waders. Oh well live & learn.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[inline fci.jpg]
[signature]
[#005000]oh that would of peeved me as well.. but looking back on it.. do ya find it even the littlest bit funny.. [Smile][/#005000]
[#005000][/#005000]
[#005000]MacFly [cool][/#005000]
[signature]
[inline h.jpg][Image: happy.gif][size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000]For sure if it had happened to someone else.[Image: happy.gif][/#008000][/font][/size]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]The trip wasn't all for nothing as I took a lot of pictures. Notice this guy looking me over. Glad that it wasn't a vulture. lol[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
lol..he had his hawk eye on you... be glad you were not a wascally wabbit.. LOL>.

MacFly
[signature]