Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flyce ??
I realize I may risk receiving an e-mail beginning "With the sincerest of regrets ..... and going on to politely explain how BFT is really trying hard to portray a well ...more,... "normal" atmosphere" but I know there may be one or two that might see this clearly.

Got the idea from FOLF , frizbee / golf , real fun sport.

You find a fairly large, say 20 acre frozen lake, and map out a golf course on it. Fire up the auger and bore your 18 holes.

Your tee off is where you have to cast from, and the pin could be small mooring line retriever pin/buoys in the augered holes in the ice.

Your drive is to a narrow fairway that your fly must land in
to be able to cast from there again, and golf like penalties are adopted and applied if you don't.

And so on ultimately landing your fly in the hole. If you catch a fish while your fly is in the water, if it is, it would course have to be something special like a "hole in one" would be good since that would be impossible from the tee.(Or maybe not [Wink] ) Just kind of make it up like that.

And there you have it, Flyce golf.

Please Northern more latitude moderators explain to your Southern more latitude counterparts that we do in fact come up with stuff like this in the North on a regular basis and will, without hesitation, execute, it's not just BFS. Thanks

[inline WinterfestIceFishCatch-202x245.jpg]

[laugh]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]So instead of yelling FORE what does one yell when a fly goes astray? Also is there a blue line & can you get called for icing? [/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: bobwink.gif] [/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]BTW BFS the Anaheim Ducks did win the Stanley Cup a few years ago. I forgot who hit the winning home run.[Image: dumb.gif][Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]

[center]
[signature]
That's a very good question Dryrod, the ball is struck once and is typically predictable from a safety standpoint.

That fly will be all over the place huh ? and contestants and the gallery may likely be nippin' Northern flasks if it's all frozen out, hmm. Good question Dryrod !!

We would have to keep the hooks sharp too, that's my vote on that one. The "catch a fish" potential at the pin is just too good to pass up.

May suggest since the potential exists for serious injury at the hands of tippy fly fishermen :

MMMMAAAAAAKKKK--LLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAARRY !!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey there BFS - that was a Tongue in cheek question on my part.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][Image: bobwink.gif]
[signature]