Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
You gotta see this underwater video!!
Never say that kokanee aren't finicky. This video is an underwater view of kokanee checking out an Apex lure behind a small dodger. Notice that the one koke checks out the downrigger release once it disconnects. If we only knew half the time! Mike

[url "http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB3ub1qIHYA&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB3ub1qIHYA&feature=related[/url]
[signature]
Very interesting video. Those kokes are more discerning than I would imagine. Maybe makes the point of tipping that lure with a little scented corn?
[signature]
No kidding! Most kokanee fishermen have switched over to the Apex lure in the video, and they usually tip it with corn, or the mini-squids. They see the pop gear and wedding ring as an "outdated" setup, if you ever visit the kokanee sites on the internet. Say what you want, I haven't found anything that matches it. I have tried the small dodgers as shown in the video, and experimented with the hootchies (squid) this spring. Tipped them all with corn, but my wife, who stays with the wedding rings and kokanee trolls, would outfish me every time. Seems like those fish on the video agree! They were reluctant to hit the Apex. Anyway, I am soaking a bunch of shoepeg with Pautzkes Nectar as I write this, for one more trip to Lucky Peak this Thursday.
[signature]
Black dog and I are heading for L.P. Thursday also. We plan on trolling up a few trout early and getting off the water before too many people show up. Lived in N.W. Boise for many years and fished L.P. later in year with cooler weather and less people. Did real well this time of year on trout and hope to repeat. Haven't fished it for 4 yrs. now but plan on fishing the narrows and seeing if I left any fish there. I'm going to guess that the d--n wind still blows every morning. Good luck on the Kokes....
[signature]
We fished it mid-week last week, and were the only ones on the reservoir. We launched at Spring Shores. We found the kokes right across from the ramp. We will be in a blue Hewescraft w/ a 75 and an 8 Yamaha. Give us a shout. Never hurts to compare notes. We aren't arriving until 10, however. The bite has been consistent throughout the day. Don't forget the corn!!! Mike
[signature]