Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So on a lighter note: STEELHEAD
So on a lighter note( as other threads are becoming intense), I will be going to Salmon Tuesday to do some Steelhead fishing. Has anyone been in the last week? How is the water and the crowds. Any helpful tips would be appreciated.
[signature]
That's nothing for intense, just don't mention carp [laugh][pirate][laugh]!
I can't be of any help, but I'm totally jealous. let us know how you do!
[signature]
I am sorry I do not have any information for you. Good Luck I hope someone will chime in who can help.

As far as intensity goes I hope this is as intense as the Idaho board ever gets. [cool] If you want to read some intense stuff for fun go to the Utah board and look up spearfishing fishlake.[Wink]

Windriver
[signature]
I went there friday and saturday with a friend. All in all we done really good talking to everyone else. friday I limited out once we found a good run of fish. and my buddy landed one and lost 5-6 others. Saturday we hooked up with some friends from salmon. That day between seven of us, we hooked thirteen, landed six, and kept five. The one turned loose was wild. Crowds do get a little thick the farther down the river you go still. I also heard that the middle fork is running muddy making anything below that challenging to fish. I never got below north fork any further than about 10 miles, so I am just going off what I heard talking to people that had been down there. All in all a pretty good weekend.
[signature]
Thanks for the report.

Windriver
[signature]
Tech29, if you don't mind can you help with a spot or 2. I don't want you to give up your honey holes, but anything would help. It is only my 2nd time there and I'm taking a possible new contractor with me who has never been. Maybe I can land the concrete work for him if I put him on some fish. Maybe even colors that were working. Thanks
[signature]
They have been stocking the Boise, went twice with my son...did not see anybody catch or hook anything yet.

Brother drove through Salmon this weekend and said they were hauling them in. One 9 pounder.
[signature]
[:/]A little late, but I will reply anyway. We were catching fish on orange and black, chartreuse and black and white and black. We mostly jig fished. Done a little fishing with flies and rubber things (helgies and black an chartreuse worms). Caught a few on both rubber worms and helgies, but done the best bobber fishing with jigs. Again sorry for the slow reply. I don't normally get on this site very much during the first of the week. Hopefully this will help you in the future if not this trip.[Wink]
[signature]