Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey (report)
Went to Causey yesterday evening. Did quite well for both Kokes and bows. We (my wife and 2yr old daughter) landed 8 Kokes, and 6 bows in 2.5 hrs of fishing. All the Kokes were right at 12". We had 2 13" bows, and 4 7" bows. We were using worms and salmon eggs, about 4 feet below a bobber. Surprisingly the bows were not planters, no fins were clipped. I have heard that the fish truck has been dropping it's payload by the scout camp quite regularly this spring. Talked to one guy that caugt a 16" splake on a crawlwer, not a bad size for Causey. All-in-all a good trip.
[signature]
Hey killerbee, what part of the reservoir were you fishing?

I was thinking of taking my wife and little boy up there tonight, is there anywhere to set up chairs?
[signature]
Last night we fished over by Causey Estates. There is some decent places to set up some chairs. Just a little before you get to the Causey Estates gate, there is a makeshift camp-site, we've set up chairs there. You can also set up chairs by the parking lot. Quite a few people launch canoes/boats from there, so sometimes you get interrupted if you fish that side. Either place I think you can catch fish from.

You still got your pontoon craft? Sure would be a nice place to tool around in. Troll a Z-ray or flatfish, and you could probably knock them dead. Have fun.
[signature]
Yeah, i still got it. I am still trying to sell it, maybe I will take it out one more time. I found some flatfish on clearance @ Walmart the other day. Sounds like a good time to break them out.

thanks bee
[signature]
Did you make it up to Causey yesterday with the fam?
[signature]
Nope, not yesterday. I spent three hours on the roof getting the swamp

cooler up and running. By the time I was done I just wanted to relax in the cool air!

Hopefully tonight after i get off, I will head up by myself.
[signature]
The attack of the almighty swamp cooler. I'll bet your wife was happy to get that running. I know pregnant ladies "love" the heat[Wink]

A friend of mine went up yesterday evening and caught a few. He said he landed 3 splake, 3 bows, and 2 kokes. He said he was over by the scout camp, using salmon eggs and meal worms. He said the bite was light, so he had to be on top of it all the time, or he would miss the fish.

I MAY have finally convinced my wife to consider letting me buy your toon. I'll PM ya first part of next week, I have to run out of town, but I'll be back monday evening.

Good luck if you head out.
[signature]
Sounds great bee, too bad was only the first item on my VERY extensive Honey-do list. I have got to keep the wife happy so she will let me fish! Yeah I need to time this all better, a pregnant wife in the summer sucks!! Let me know on the boat, it is still taking up my side of the garage.
[signature]