Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venice Report
Just got back from an overnighter at Venice. The trip didn't produce what we wanted but it was better than staying home. The Snapper and Amberjack are still out there in good numbers. There would have been a long wait at the fish cleaning station so we opted to clean them at home. Lots of Snapper caught that night. Our largest Mangrove was 8.5 and our largest Red Snapper was 9.5. Bigger ones were lost due to equipment failure or cut lines. We cut the trip short due to storms that started kicking up the waves. <br><br>Everytime we go offshore we see something that we have never seen before. This trip was no exception. Not once but twice we hooked and brought to the boat a Manta Ray. Babies that wieghed only about 30 pound each. We have never had this happen before and this trip it happened TWICE! To make it even more memorable my brother Steven was trying to remove the hook from his Manta Ray when we learned a curious thing about Manta Rays. They have the ability to suck large amount of water into there stomach and quickly blow it right back out. As you might have guessed, as Steven was leaning over the side of the boat the Beast gave him a nice shot of sea water, about a quarts worth, right in his face. That alone made the trip worth it. Still makes me laugh when I think about it.<br><br>omegaman66<br><A HREF="mailto: omegaman66@home.com"> omegaman66@home.com</A> <br>