Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Willard Tourney Results?
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]How did the impromptu Willard Tourney go? Did the Memorial Day crowds chase you off the water? Who was the big winner? Enquiring minds want to know...[/size][/font]
[signature]
UGGGGGGHHHHHH, The water skiers alone is enough to keep me off the water this weekend. I have a 3 day weekend next weekend too so I will hit it hard then. I am buying my season pass this payday for sure so I have few excuses not to go now LOL
[signature]
Hope them boys are okay. I see the wind has picked up a bit since 5 this evening.

[left][/left] [left][/left] [left][/left]wind is 17 mph sustained with gust to 27 mph
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]I've heard from AFDan and Wiperhunter so I know they are off the water. WH2 wanted me to post some pictures for him so when he sends them my way, I'll get them up for everyone to see.[/size][/font]
[signature]
[center][Image: wh2_1.jpg][/center][center]This first photo is the back of Wiperslayer boat as we were leaving the marina. I guess I did not need to post this but I just wanted to see how this new digital camera worked.
[/center] [center][Image: wh2_2.jpg]

This photo is the guys that were left at the end of the day. Starting from the left, Wiperslayer, MGB, Chefwhofishes. A couple of guys that are missing are AFDan and his son( he said he had boat problems but!!!) [/center] [center][Image: wh2_3.jpg]

The only one that is new in this photo is the winner, guess who? 3lb. 19inch.

It was a slow day for wiper catching, Wiperslayer and I got three in the boat and one walleye. Lots of water skiers today. Just as we were getting off the water the wind started picking up and it was a mad house with all the boats coming in at once. We saw Tom P. on the water with his wife just before we came in and guess what, he was catching fish, no surprise there. A special thanks to Curtisfish for the lures he gave me and I gave out to the guys that were left, hey Dan you what yours? All in all it was a good day on the bay but the catching was a little slow. Next time we do this, it will be in the afternoon, no more 8 hour days with the sun beating down on us, it was a killer. Thanks to all who showed up, let's do it again. WH2
[/center]
[signature]
Congratulations WH2 you lived up to your name.

The fishing was slow. I caught 1 3lb. 22" walleye at 10:30am. He was caught abut 1/2 mile off the north dike when we were trying to find the location BLM mentioned in a previous post. That was the only fish we caught untill 2:00. We tried the island and out by the pole along the west dike and south dike. Then we went over and fished from the south marina entrance to the feed lot. This area we were catching fish every pass we made but they were all small. The wipers were 1.2lb.-1.5lb. and the walleye were 16"-18". WH2 stoped by and showed us his fish and we knew we had to land somthing big. Even though we were catching small wiperes we felt lucky just to locate an active school so we stuck with that area hoping we would catch a big one. By the end of the day the Chef caught 5 wipers (one of them I reeled in for him because he was busy reeling in a wiper on his other pole) and I caught 4 walleyes and 2 wipers. I wish it would of been a walleye contest.
All of the fish were released except 1 small wiper.

Chef, thanks for teaming up with me. How does it feel to get wiperized?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Your pics are posted as you can see. Just thought I'd get the post to the top so folks will look! Later.[/size][/font]
[signature]
Thanks BLM for posting the pictures, are you going to be in our next contest? WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]We'll see. I just started a major kitchen remodel and right now I have my make shift kitchen in my garage and an empty room that was a kitchen! Keep me posted on your schedule and remind me often! HA![/size][/font]
[signature]
yeahh wipers are now one more thing I am not a virgin to. I caught my 1st wiper yesterday and I might give up trout all together! I had a great time on the water even when the fishing was slow. Thanks MGB for the hospitality and finding the hotspots for fish. Thanks to all the guys who showed up and made it a great way to spend the weekend. Next time we need some more folks with money, because i plan on winning! J/K

way to go wiperhunter on the big fish!
[signature]
[unsure][font "Arial Black"][red][size 2] Ok guys here is my story. After meeting all of the guys that were going to fish the tourney, we all decided that we had better get going. So we launched and the game was on.[/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I started out right behind Wiperhunter and Wiperslayer following them over to the North Dike and fished that side for about an hour wasn't seeing many fish on the sonar so decided to go over by the Feed lot and check that out. We got just past the Pig Farm when I caught my very first Walleye (ever). Weighed in at a whooping 13 oz. and 16 inches long. I was using a Black and Silver #5 Wally Diver. [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] I was bouncing the lure off the bottom in the rocks. I was about 100 feet from the shore and 5-6 feet deep. The hit was very light, I wasn't sure that there was even anything on the line.Right about that time My kicker motor decided it wasn't going to play . The throttle linkage had come apart . A clip that holds the linkage together had come off. I fixed that problem and it shouldn't happen again. This all happened at 10:20 am[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] To top off the days events Around 3pm my big motor decided that it was going to follow the kicker and it started to act up on me. I think that I had run it at idle speed too long and it probably loaded up on me checking it out now.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] All in all me and my son had only caught that one Walleye for the day. Thats my story and I'm sticking to it.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] It was a fun day none the less.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52 [/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial Black"][#ff0000][size 2] [/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]