Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tigermuskies
What's the work at pineview anyone seen the muckies or been fishing for em?

Trent
[signature]
There has not been many reports about catching muskies so for this year. I got a small one last weekend only 22". The muskies should be hitting good by now but be prepared to work for them. I plan on fishing for them a few times this week after work from 4:30 - sunset.
[signature]
Went to Pineview 5/23,in AM -no Muskies-maybe I got there to late (8:30 AM).They should be starting now,should be a good year since the rule change
Mike T.
[signature]
Dawg: What is the rule change? I have not been fishing in Utah very long and I'm stumped. Thanks for clearing it up for me. BTW I plan on looking for muskies on Saturday. It seems there's a cookout I'm missing somewhere northwest of there but I've got to fish Pineview soon. I bought a boat last year just for chasing the fish of 1000(0?) casts.

Kevin
[signature]
Fishcrazy, my own opinion is 8:30am is not too late. I've had alot of success with muskies fishing in the afternoon and during the hottest part of the day. The biggest problem is the rough water from all of the boat traffic that starts faithfulluy at 11:00am and does not let up untill 5:00pm(mainly on weekends).
That time frame is a good time to go to the wakeless areas but with the low water there is not too much area to fish in the wakeless areas. The muskie I caught last week was caught at 2:30pm plus had a follow at about 5:00pm.

JUST MY OWN OPINION
[signature]
the musky fish is starting to pick up but it is still a little slow for this time. but I've have found that june is the best time for them. I went last wednesday with dee from musky dee's guides fish and talked about the class on the 4th of june. we fished from 5 until dark:30 and only had one hit. but we didn't hit all the top spots.but thats how it goes with muskies.I'll be posting soon all the info for the class on the 4th of june hope you can make it.
[signature]
Hi maddawg
I was at Pineview on Saturday and Monday. The Muskie fishing was pretty good. I didn't target them much because I was going after the smallies. I managed to catch a few, but only one was over 40 inches, and I put him back. It should be picking up even more as the water warms. Three muskies that I caught were on white curly tails. They were all small ones. But they were still fun. Wiper24
[signature]
Didn't make it this weekend . First weekend I missed . That is the only way I have hooked them this year was with a curly tail grub . Just never landed them . Did you get into some smallies too ? tight lines
[signature]
MGB-Good too hear about the times-maybe I started to fish for them in the morning BECAUSE of the power boat traffic
Mike T.
[signature]
Well I was up at pineview on the 26 and hooked into one on a moosassin. It an assasin that looks like a cow. went back up on the 27th but no luck. I want to start and fly fish for em'. Anybody ever done that. Where is the hot spost to caught muskies
[signature]
Maddawg,I know the gang at Hooked thought I was crazy when I sent them that color

but it's been a great color here in missouri for Muskie,and bass too!!

Nathan...Bettencourtbaits
[signature]
Hi Hellsangler69 The smaillie action was pretty good. We caught them all day long. Only got 2 over 15 inches. They would hit almost anything you threw at them. My brother went up yesterday and caught 5 smallies and missed some tigers to. He said he saw one fanning a bed out. He was fishing from shore. Wiper24
[signature]
Back in early april I heard the crappie were biting at pineview, so off I went. Went two different days one day all I caught was a carp and the other day I caught a carp and a tiger musky, that was pretty good size caught it on a 3in.chartruse curly tail, just off the cemetary point along the rocks. At the time I thought it was something special it was the first I had ever caught. After viewing all the musky posts I realize it is special to catch one. All I was,was lucky, right place right time. Haven't been back to pineview since but after all the musky posts I can see that hooking up with one is no easy task. I would like to catch another one but have my camera this time. But if I have to put in 2000 casts that might be to many trips up there for me.
[signature]
MUESKE
They used to let you fish with a whole perch,& treble hook.When the fish under 40" were released,they often died because they were hooked deep,and had a whole pearch in their throat.They could not eat so...The new rule is no more than 1" square.They can be caught on lures,spinners,Etc
Mike T.
[signature]
I hear it was much easier to caught them when one was still able to use perch too

Trent
[signature]