Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mystery fish # 6
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Care to guess this trout's full name?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline "Mystery fish 6.JPG"]
[signature]
one that mac doesnt know.. [Smile]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
how bout these names

Salmo trutta morpha fario and Salmo trutta morpha lacustris
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Hey watch it, this is a family site. [Image: bobwink.gif][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
lol true.. but am I at least close??
[signature]
[size 4][font "Garamond"][#008000][Image: happy.gif]Sorry no MF. BTW Salmo trutta means brown trout which it isn't.[/#008000][/font][/size]
[signature]
lol.. I gots so much to learn.. :-)

I think Ill just do what I did while on the the water in TN and keep whispering here fishy fishy fishy.. as I watch my fly.. LOL..

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]Does that really work? BTW do you whisper as not to scare the fish away or the other [/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]fisher-people? [crazy][/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
lol. well I didnt get skunked.. no huge fish.. but fish were caught..

I do sort of a zen, native American rain chant sort of thing.. not sure if it draws the fish in.. or scares other anglers away from that crazy guy chanting on the water.. course if they get too close I "accidentally" hook them in the lip on an errant back cast.. LOL>.

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]I don't care what they say but that is funny! I remember the old hook in the lip routine. LOL[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
well .. MacLarry was not too thrilled about the hook in the lip thing.. thank goodness for barbless hooks.. plus.. he quit saying.. "there he is.. got another " for some reason or the other.. [crazy]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: dumb.gif]Well by the response I guess that this was a boring subject. So with that here is the answer to mystery fish # 6 - it is a Goose Lake Redband. Hey MacFly the scientific name is "Oncorhynchus mykiss newberrii". Yea right like I knew that bit of data, not.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
to the contrary.. I am finding this post interesting.. at least Im learning a little bit about the species of fish out there....

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Hmm, Bill, Mike, Oncoryhnchus Mykiss ?? Just a guess

[fishin]
[signature]
a mykiss fish.. is that any relative to the "dork fish" that loves dem corndogs?? [laugh]

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
[laugh]
[signature]
[center]Don't know that one , was hoping you could help me out with the official name of this one -
[inline f1.jpg]

[center][font "Garamond"][#ff0000][size 2]Try to keep dimensions under 450 pixels wide.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[signature]
maybe a Salmo trutta X Salvelinus fontinalis ?

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
Yep, I've been told there is a strong possibility that it is a naturally reproduced Tiger trout. It was 17.3" long and it ate a pretty big streamer on a NYS river.
[signature]
Im not the expert here but it sure looks like a tiger.. perhaps one of our more experienced anglers will give comment soon..

MacFly
[signature]