Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Saturday @ Causey report
Hit Causey for a couple of hours Saturday morning. The fishing was pretty slow. Landed 2 small bows, and missed quite a few light bites. I think the Kokes have moved back into deeper water, perhaps the trout spawn is over. This is the first year I've caught them in shallow water, so I assume they were there eating loose trout eggs, maybe I've got some of that pinview shroom action going though[Wink]

Does anybody target them in deeper water during the summer months?
[signature]
We have had a hard time getting fish at Causey during the summer and have tried lead core & long lining while trolling with everything we normally catch them on. The only thing we have not tried is down riggers, so if anyone has had any success during the summer I'm also interested in hearing how they catch them. WH2
[signature]
Had about the same experience Saturday morning; however, I saw a school cruising along the shore in about 2 ft of water. They haven't all gone deep yet, but they certainly didn't care about the salmon eggs I offered.
[signature]
Have you ever tried dipsy divers? Or any other type of diver? Do you find it easier to catch Kokes at porcupine during the summer?
[signature]
You could always try jigging for them. But you still have to find them first.
[signature]
I have not tried a dipsy diver before or any other type of diver. Yes, I have done better for the kokes at porcupine in the summer. Just locate the fish, put a lure at the right depth and rest is up to the fish. WH2
[signature]