Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No more countdowns.
I went in to Sportsmans yesterday to pick up a few countdowns and as it has been lately there were none. I talked to the guy in that dept and asked him when their shipments come in because I have been in 10 times and there is never the countdowns I want. He gave me some discouraging news. He said they have not recieved a shipment from Rapala in 7 months and the parent company that bought them out is having problems with distribution and Sportsmans does not know when( or if) they will be getting any. So the dilema is South Fork summer fishing is almost here and there are no countdowns. Does ANY body know where to find countdowns here in SE Idaho?
[signature]
Why not look online? I did a few searches on google and found Rapala Countdowns all over the place.

Even Cabela's has them available online:

[url "http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/0023374113526a.shtml"]http://www.cabelas.com/link-12/product/0023374113526a.shtml[/url]
[signature]
Hey thanks for the info. Cabelas will work fine. Hopefully there are still some here in town as well.
[signature]
What color countdowns do you usually use on the South Fork?
[signature]
Brown Trout #7 0r #9. sometimes rainbow or brook trout also.
[signature]
Thanks for the update on Countdowns. I am an avid Rapala angler and this is discouraging news. I thought that the parent company now out of Canada would be more able to have stock in the stores that they are in the process of taking over. So this is a little dis-heartening. I, for one, hope that Sportsman's Warehouse and the parent company get this type of stuff under control before they bite the recession bullett also.

[url "http://idahofishingnotebook.net"]Read my Idaho Fishing Blog[/url] and see the latest news on Sportsman's liquidity issues.

[signature]
I just got back from Cabelas in Salt Lake and they had Rapalas on sale...25% off. I picked up some #6 X-Raps in black/silver, black/gold and rainbow. I like the husky jerks and X-raps because they suspend. I can work them a little longer thru a run with a stop and go action. They just started making the real small X-raps. If you like throwing stick baits for stream trout. give 'em a try.
[signature]
you mean cabelas in lehi[Wink]
[signature]
im sorry if this post is going to upset any body but i have to say it. dont listen to the old sportsmans sob cry baby story about our provider hasnt sent us any . its bull crap the entire store is down and out and they have been since before last hunting season i have friends who work there and they have told me some things about the way the idaho stores are ran and there is a reason they dont have anything not just rapalas. archery equipment all sorts of fishing equipment ammo and guns(although i dont really think the ammo and gun thing is their fault. ) i have just stopped buying from them i do all my shopping online.
[signature]
[fishin]Go to Ross's coin and Gun in Idaho Falls. They have a good selection of Rapala's.

SW is closing the Pokey store. Also due to no more credit cash only it is going to be awhile if ever they get any back
[signature]
Most places that sell fishing stuff have them. Sportsmans is the only one that seems incapable of getting a regular shipment in. Wallyworld, Freddy's, CAL, a couple other places. They don't have as wide of a selection but they usually have the most popular ones. Once summer weather hits the gold, browns, silver, rainbow and brook will be a bit harder to keep in stock though.
[signature]