Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pineview 6/7/03 (report)
Well to start off , I love this lake . Why didn't anybody tell me all these jigs I've been using for trout are great for bass . LOL . Started off fishing the narrows . first cast SM bass . and about 15 more after that . Every kind of jig I threw they pounded . I was surprised that they could pick up that jig and pig and run with it .

Wind started to blow so I moved to the north arm to try my luck at crappie . Nomoose set me up with a jig at Willard that I still had tied to my rod so off I went . This time I was going to try the 2 rod fishin thing in my tube . Kicked off from the old highway and worked out to about a 100 yards from shore and got a hit . Dang this thing is huge I thought . Finally got it close to my tube and scored on a big carp 25" plus . What a battle it was . While I was releasing this pig it got away with my jig . Tied on a small curly tail and fish with other rod for what ever would hit it . On the crappie rod I caught this nice 9" bluegill . A first for me there .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0386020.jpg]

Continued my seach for crappie but was hooking more SM bass . I think I caught about another 30 SM bass . Most were small (8" to 12")but all the sudden wham . I got a good hit , Largemouth . 19" Toad . This is another first for Pineview . Just hooking into this made up for the muskies not biting .

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0399706.jpg]

[Image: LOOM5874CustomImage0407284.jpg]

Camera gave me troubles when I got her to the tube so I am unable to give closer shot . I couldn't get both hands around this pig . I didn't think they grew this big in the north . Nice surprise .

I noticed that the water is already starting to go down at Pineview . Let hope its rains good soon . Tight lines everyone !!!!!!!!!!!!![Wink]

P.S. I never did find any crappie .
[signature]
Thanks for the Great report. Nice fish. We still need to hook up and do some fishing.
[Wink]Tincanfsh
[signature]
[cool][red][size 2] Hellsangler69, those are some great pix om t he water. Looks like you had a good day. Way to go Bud.[/size][/red]

[#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000]
[signature]
Good pics, and lots of nerve taking your digital out in a tube, I'd have to think about that one.
[signature]
Thanks Guys !! I had a blast learning to fish for bass at Pineview . Not to bad for a rookie . One time I was getting ready to cast and holding my rod to my left and began to swing and a smallie slammed it . Kinda hurt when I tried to cast not knowing I already had a fish on .

Poncho , I don't own a digital camera yet . Just one of those 35 mm Vivitar that has been bumped around to much . Need to pass it down and get a new one . LOL After I tried to take a pic of that bass I tucked it into my waders and about 30 seconds later I heard it snap for a picture . I just put in a new roll of film and only got 7 pics out of it on a 24 exposure roll . Good thing Sams Club has good deals on bulk film . I think if I get a digital I better get a cheap one cuz I will most likely put it in the drink one of these days .
[signature]
hey me and you will have to hook up and hit pineview sometime. I love the way bass fight. nice report.
[signature]