Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Rpt. 2 (6/11-6/14)
Hi Guys,

My buddy called and wanted to go again and I couldn't refuse! Went to the confluence again, (wyo.) and caught a lot of "smallies" again but still not the size I've caught several years ago. Caught a lot of small guys and probably about 40-50 cookie cutter size of 11-12 1/2 in. Fished from shore and float tube (when the wind wasn't blowing hard off shore). Got blown off the lake yesterday. Finally took the water temp. Remember a little over a week ago it was 59-62 deg. Now it's 54 deg.!!!? Big cool down! I new they had colder weather but didn't realize that it was that much. Kind of put's off the spawn, right? That along with low pressures, full moon probably puts them down a little, right? Had the DWR do a creel check on me and he indicated that a little over 2 weeks ago seemed to be the peak (during our record heat wave).

Interesting comment he made - they're having problems with the bass clubs and bass competitors doing their own private relocating/stocking of their private "Honey Holes". What they do is before a tournament they travel around the Gorge catching fish keeping their limit of "big guys" and going to their "honey holes" and releasing them. The letter of the law dictates "immediate release" which is the only way they can make an issue.

What do you guys think? Personally, recognizing many of these guys make their living competing, it still rubs me the wrong way that they are doing this. I wish I knew if any of these "honey holes" were accessible to me. LOL

[crazy][angelic][crazy]Leaky
well it rubs me the wrong way as well. it bothers me to see someone or a group of people utilized a living species in such a way just for money and success. that is not fishing. what ever happened to learning a place and the best angler wins. it never seems to amaze me the short cuts people take for convenience in any hobby that exists. just me i guess but i feel stuff like that should have heavy penalties and i ask where is peoples consiences anymore?
[signature]
Nice report Leaky , Yes , I think that sucks if that is going on . I spend alot of time on a water to learn it . I think they should do the same . Is that there cheat code for there PS2(playstation) bass game ?
[signature]