Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
An interest day
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Had an interesting day on the West Fork of the San Gabriel River yesterday. Got a lot of hits on the mystery fish previously mentioned in another post. They were real small wild fish. While fishing we heard the roar of a helicopter coming over one of the mountain tops. As it came into view we were shocked to see a fellow dressed in a white jump suit hanging about 100 of more feet on a cable spread eagle like some comic strip character. Had no idea what that was all about. As we moved up stream we found a nice pool with a lot of action. They two young Hispanic guys came along and started to set up their picnic gear right where I was fishing. I said “hey guys give me a break” but they just ignored me. Then 3 more came and then a group & finally in total about 40 teenagers. Don’t know if it was a school or club outing or what. As one of my partners was retrieving a fish one of the kids threw a stick towards his catch at which point we moved further upstream. Later while coming back while I was fishing a pool being held by some fallen longs within a few minutes a group of these smart as*es jumped in the 56º water right where I was casting my line. Apparently they were itching for a confrontation. In the old days I would have been packing heat and the out come would have been different. Needless to say a fun day had a poor ending. BTW here are some pictures depicting the handy work of previous group of this type and also a couple views of the water way. It should be noted that this location is located in a national forest. Having a ranger station located at the top of the hill apparently doesn't deter crimes again nature. Ug[Image: bobmad.gif]
[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][inline "sgr 1.jpg"][inline "sgr 2.jpg"][inline "sgr 3.jpg"][inline "sgr 4.jpg"][inline "sgr 5.jpg"][/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Calibri"][/font]
[signature]
now that sucks.. what started as a great day on the water ruined by a bunch of butt heads like that.. the one picture of just the water looks great.. but the rest of the trash and graffitti sucks .. why cant people just clean up after themselves and appreciate the beauty of their surroundings..

did you stop and report it to the ranger.. or was there a way to do that??

MacFly [cool]
[signature]
this is actually a criminal offense..destruction of public property..if it were me i might be just mad enough to press charges..these people are scum and should be treated as such..carry a gun next time..
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Unfortunately you have to catch people in the act of commiting a crime. Then you have to find a ranger to file the charges with. BTW there isn't any cell phone service in the area.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
how about pictures..these people obviosly have no respect for any body or anything..be carefull these things could turn dangerous in a hurry...
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]All the grafitti, tree carvings & garbage was present way before these clowns arrived. Didn't see anyone spraying anything though I wouldn't put it passed them to do more of the same. Besides we were about 15 miles up into the mountains so we weren't about to challenge anyone, even taking pictures of them would be risky. What do you think the odds were that there was a few guns in the crowd? In SoCal the gangs run wild for there isn't enough police to keep them in check. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
sounds like a fight you cant win..might be best to steer clear..
[signature]
Im sorry I did not clarify in my last post.. I meant report what they had done to you and your buddy.. I realize it may not of done much but it could be more fuel for the fire if the rangers want to persue it... but as you said.. a no win situation for sure.. glad you and your friend made it out safe and sound..

MacFly
[signature]
[#008000]What those clowns did to us pales in comparison to what was done to mother nature by others. With us it was a temporary insult & inconvenience whereas the blight on the landscape is permanent. Couldn't really report the encounter as we were about a 20 minute hike [in full gear] up hill to the parking lot then a few minute drive to the ranger's station. Doubt if a ranger would drop everything to go down into a hornets nest. [/#008000]
[signature]
I see your point on all three counts (punks, graffitti, and ranger).. but it would be nice if there was a way to contact the ranger quicker.. but.. as was said before.. you got back safely.. that is what counts..

as for the graffitti.. that just sucks.. Im sorry.. dont see a need for it.. all it does is ruin public property.. is and eyesore.. etc..
kind of surprised the rangers arent more active on that one.. but have a feeling it has something to do with budget cuts by "the goevernator" and his clan..

MacFly
[signature]