Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
say cheese
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: dumb.gif]I'm always looking for a photo opt but I have never been able to get this close a shot of some trout without spooking them. How do they get these close ups? [/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline OMG.jpg]
[signature]
I dont have the answer to your question but have to say that is an awesome picture.. :-)

MacFly
[signature]
head out to your local fish hatchery[sly]
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]I thought about that aspect - so do you thing that this is a hatchery photo?[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
Im not an expert but those fish look to be in a pretty natural environment..

I do remember on a tour of a city in Alaska they channeled the fish in what looked to be small creeks.. you could see the fish very clearly and Im sure if you stood on the bank or on the small bridge going over the area you could get shots like that..

MacFly [cool]

MacFly
[signature]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]I had seen something very similar to that in Alaska too. It looked like a carpet of red salmon.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline spawning_salmon.jpg]
[signature]
I dont remember it being that dense.. lol. area I saw there were maybe a half dozen or so in sight..

MacFly
[signature]
[center][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4][Image: happy.gif]The more I think about my first post it may be trout breeding pond.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[signature]
lol.. I already added my .02 ... but am curious on the answer (if there is one)...

Macfly [cool]
[signature]
your guesse is as good as mine. I was more or less being a smart alick. I have seen cutts were you could probly get a pic like that. In very small streams on there spawning beds.
[signature]
Telephoto lenses are always a possibility. A nice lens, and a camera mounted on a tripod, or with image stabilization, would allow it.
[signature]
[Image: happy.gif][font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Doubt if that picture was taken with a tele mounted on a pod since it was taken almost vertically. BTW I have a Canon 300 lens with IS so the use of a pod is not necessary.[/size][/#008000][/font]
[font "Garamond"][#008000][size 4]Here is a shot that I took hand held from some distance with any blurring. [/size][/#008000][/font]
[center][inline BCNH.jpg]
[signature]