Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To you ASSASSIN users..changes in the 7.5 in. model
Hey guys & gals, I recently changed the diameter of the 6" & 7.5" Assassins to a thinner profile to lighten them up for easy casting.You"ll know if you have one of these because they'll have Red hooks.These need to be fished very slowly to get the proper action.I've received a couple complaints about how slow they need to be fished. I'm looking for some feed back on this.Again the model I'm refering to will have red hooks

Thanks for your help ..Nathan Bettencourt ..Bettencourt Baits
Nathan

clue me into what an assassin is and what fish it's used for. 6" and 7.5" must be tiger musk.
[signature]
You hit the nail on the head.They are a lure that catches several species of fish,but they have proved very deadly on Pineviews Tiger muskie.Hooked tackle in Kaysville is my only Utah distributor.If you want to see what they look like,go see James at Hooked,or if your not in the area check out:

[url "http://bettencourt.tacklescout.com"]http://bettencourt.tacklescout.com[/url] click on the Assassin icon..Nathan
Hey Nathan , I got one thar tracks crooked . Any suggestions on what to look for to correct this problem . Lure wants to swim off to the right .
[signature]
hey nate are you going to send james any more of the moosassin's hahah the cow looking ones I would love to get my hands on one.also trying to start a musky club here and would love to make a color for just us people in the club I'm tryung the color scheam on a lure that I make to see how it works and would love to get it on the assassin for our club lure. anyway I pm on that some time. I think I'll like the new ones for being slow I love to get lures to work at real slow speeds. so I'll have to pick up a new one from james. and thanks for the info. and I saw hellsanglers lur it runs way to the left, wdo you fix it like a crank bait by bending the screw?
[signature]
Mine have ben doing the same thing except mine run way to the right.

PLEASE HELP us Nathan.
[signature]
If your lure runs to the left,bend the line tie eye screw to the right,make your adjustments gradually.If it runs to the right do just the opposite.If you can't get them to run correctly,let me know,and I'll get you fixed up.

As for the private color,no problem.Just let me know what you want.

I'm waiting to hear from James on the Moosassins..If he wants more,I'll send them.If you want one go in and see James,and have him order you one,and I'll get it right out to you...Nathan
Hi nathan,

I have a 7 inch assassin in clown color style. I was wondering if the lure should work this way. First of all i hook it onto a steel leader. But when i retrieve it, it really wants to favor one side. For instance when reeling the head will pull to its left and it will continue to shoot and pull to its left, but the tail remains wiggling etc. Is that normal for that lure or should it wobble straight when retrieved? also it does this at all varying speeds. i have looked and looked at it to see if anythign is crooked and cant find anything. I also noticed 2 slip rings on the head one smaller than the other. i have also rigged it with one or the other and both of them and didnt make a difference either. thanks for any info and still waiting to catch my first musky on it.
[signature]
Xman,If it wants to pull to the left,bend the eye screw you connecct your leader too to the right.Make your adjustments gradual.As for the split rings,connect through both of them.I double split ring them for strength.I wouldn't want you guys too loose a fish of a life time because a split ring failed.

If you can't get it to run correctly let me know..Nathan..Bettencourt Baits
ill try to adjust it next time im out. i tried with my fingers but obviously that didnt work to well. and i was hesitant to use the pliers on it for the time. ill adjust it and it will probably run straight as a arrow then. thanks for the info.
[signature]
You are right red hooks will work better than thinner hooks for fishing
[signature]
nathan, that link seems to be broken.
[signature]
[#0000FF]A lot of links are no good after 15 years. That is an old post.
[/#0000FF]
[signature]
I failed to see that. No fligging wonder!
[signature]
FYI: links are not allowed for new members, especially those that are for advertisement. See the FAQ above for the rules on this site.
[signature]