Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hazard Lake: how's the fishing later in the summer?
[#000000][size 2]Hi all. I'm mostly a lurker to this site - lotsa great info here.

I'm planning a 2 or 3 night camping trip near the Hazard Lake area with my 3 year old daughter later this summer (late August, maybe early September) and was wondering if anyone on here has any experience fishing these lakes? Elevation is about 7000 ft so I figure if there are any fish, they'll be biting by then. Is it over-fished being so close to the road? Does F&G stock it? Restrictions on keepers?[/size][/#000000]
[#000000][size 2][/size][/#000000]
[#000000][size 2]I've fished a few other alpine lakes in the area and have done well but they've all been well off the beaten trail and required at least an hour's hike to get there. Anyway, any info would be appreciated. Thanks.

[/size][/#000000]
[signature]
It's not good to start a post by saying your a lurker and then ask for information. J/K[Wink]

In all seriousness I would tell you if I had any information. Where is Hazard? Hopefully someone else will chime in and help you out. Welcome to the board.

Windriver
[signature]
You will catch fish at Hazard or Goose but it is really a place for the T.V. people. So yes you will catch fish but not a place I send friends. For a 3 yr old it's not a bad pick though. Easy access and you will catch. I have friends that fish from kayaks and don't do to bad. Enjoy
[signature]