Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
who hunts ducks?
ok so you all know fishing isn't what I love to do most It's waterfowl hunting. I live to hunt ducks,geese swans,or anything that flys that I can legally hunt and shot.I just wanted to know how many other guys or gals like to freeze for the birds. I know It's early to start to think about duck hunting but not for me. I'm already trying to think of were I'll go for the opener because of the water being so low. In july I start to get out my decoys and fix them up and clean them to find out if I need to buy more (I always need more because I want more).any way just wanted to get a fill of who duck hunts.
[signature]
I really enjoy hunting waterfowl. I've just been so busy with work and school the last couple of years, I didn't make it out much. My favorite place to hunt is Howards Slough.
[signature]
For me, fishing is something that mostly keeps me busy until Oct!

Only 3 months and about 10 days left until waterfowl season!
[signature]
Duck hunting fills the void between safe ice and drowning. I guess shooting anything that can fly and die is my other passion. Being a gamefarm owner I can shoot year round and make some money doing it. I'll tell you, I do it for the love of the sport not the money. If I actually make the big bucks doing it that'll be the day.
[signature]
so what game farm do you have I've been to most I think I'm a member up to hickins pleasant valley club.be thinking of getting in to the hunting club in ceder fort this year it's much closer.If I still had the land down in nephi I would start my own. but sold it.maybe I could give you some Ideas on how to makwe it better not to say that I know a lot just been looking in to it for a bit.
[signature]
I like to hunt upland game right now. Lack of a bird dog has stopped me from really getting into waterfowl. I would however really like to add waterfowl to my list of passions.
[signature]
I don't hunt, but I know Predator is a big duck hunter
[signature]
Yeah, there are several fish guys here that duck hunt. Predator is one, I'm another, SoUtDuckHntr, etc. These particular guys post on [url "http://www.refugeforums.com"]www.refugeforums.com[/url] under Utah Flyway Forum using different handles. Mine (Leaky) is the same. Bud(my dog) and I are public area hunters that do the best we can with our feet and maybe 3-4 decoys (no boat). Besides the local WLMA areas we like to jump shoot rivers. Enough of that, this is a fishing forum. Do you post on the refuge forum? If so, what do you go by? If not, join up and let's talk!!!!

[crazy]Leaky
Love to hunt waterfowl,I usally hunt salt creek or a farm pond that I have permission to hunt in corrine,It was to low last year and the ducks wouldn't come into it.and salt creek was also low as I have ever seen it.Can't wait to get out of this drought.

Later,Tony[cool]
[signature]
Like most the other I love to hunt waterbird, I have not been out in a couple years though. I am not real big on the taste of duck, Like goose but duck I am not big on so I kinda slowed down on the waterbirds. I cant kill just to kill. I did however get a swan about 4 years or so ago. Got him home and hung and about 3 or 4 monthes later my waterDOG ate him off the wall...... ( I got him for yea boss) then lost the dog a month later to boot.[Sad]
[signature]
CRACK OF DAWN , SITTING IN THE REEDS , WHISPERING TO MY PAL IN BETWEEN CALLS , WONDERING IF ANY SLIPED IN UNNOTICED . ARE THEY ( THE DECOYS ) PLACED OUT TOO FAR , TOO CLOSE , ANOTHER CALL . THERE'S THE RED OF THE HORISON , ANTICIPATION PICKS UP , SO DO THE CALLS . A MUSKRAT SWIMS BY . SWAMP BIRDS ARE THE FIRST TO FLY BY , MORE CALLING , THEN THERES THAT DISTINGUSIBLE WING FLAP , IT'S CUPPING AND HEADED DOWN .

YOU KNOW THE REST .

ABSOLUTLEY LOVE IT !
[signature]
I post up as SkyWatcher on the refuge forum. In fact, it was there that someone directed me to this site.
[signature]
I go out to Farmington Bay most of the time but Ogden Bay is my second choice. My only problem is they don't fall when they're supposed to be dead. I should buy stock in Remmington....[Smile]
[signature]
Hello Nomoose, I logged in this time. We are members of the sage brush duck club in corrine. Its actually a large cattle ranch with lots of big ponds, the malad river canal, and grain fields. It was purchased in 1923 for use as a duck club and after world two they added cattle. I wish I owned it, there is alot more there than just waterfowl. Lots of pheasants, a few chuckars and deer too. We have 25 members and plenty of room for everyone. If the owner would let us control the water flow and not plow the corn stubble it could be alittle better. What an excellent place! Fishing is still my first love, by a hair. Right now its catfish fever followed closely by walleye. Take care!
[signature]
Duck hunting hasn't been the same since we hit the 3 rd year of the drought. Most of my hunting spots are nothing but dirt. No natural cover most of the time I pray for snow so I can atleast hide a little bit.
[signature]
Yea!! Duck hunting rulez!!! then real close behind is ice fishin[Smile] That's all I've been thinking about since last year! I've been buying more decoys whenever I get a few extra cents[cool]
[signature]
I would like to get into duck hunting. I have the Lab, but haven't had anytime to train him. Any suggestions?
[signature]
Nomoose,I love to duckhunt.During the season you'll find my son and I in a duck blind every sat. & sunday morning..(some times in the evening too!!)We hunt a 30 acre pond a mile from my house.(It's surrounded by corn fields!!!!!)

There is nothing like sitting in a blind before shoot time and hearing that whistling of wings,then that splash as they hit the water!! I'm getting all worked up just thinking about it!!!!! If your ever in Missouri during the season,give me a yell..Nathan
[signature]
I kinda enjoy the sport a scoash Smile

Like leaky mentioned there is a few of us that share time between here and a Utah duck hunting forum.

I have had nothing but gr8 results with the drought and hunting ducks, but I hunt from one end of the state to the other
[signature]