Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge Reports?
Haven't seen any reports from anyone recently. I wonder if crestliner is up there again?
[signature]
I could only wish I was up there again. My buddy went last Friday and Saturday and caught two lakers ( 17lbs and 16lbs) with the same flasher squid combo we tried before. Overall he said it was quite slow for them. There were a few boats jigging in the same area and doing quite well. They were chasing them with their electric motors and dropping on top of them.
[signature]
Sounds just like chasing the walleyes in the fall with jigging spoons out here.

Are they using tubes with sucker meat or jigging big spoons at those Macs?
[signature]
From what I understand they are using tubes with and without sucker meat.
[signature]
When they do that with the tubes are they using regular tube weights or those airplane jigs?

Are they imparting action or just leaving it still?
[signature]
Regular tube weights and very little action
[signature]
I went up there monday where sheep creek enters the lake and even though it was rainy and windy we caught six of them all between 15-19 inches. They all fought pretty hard too. We used power baite and worms from the shore
[signature]
I was on the Gorge for 3 days last week and we had trouble catching the Kokes, but the laker action was amazing. We caught numerous lakers on Kokanee jigs and they were all 3,4, and 5 lbs and fought hard. The weather was mixed and on Saturday the bite really turned on. We had a blast catching all the Macs instead of Kokes. I understand that the DWR wants us to take all the lakers under 28 inches as the limit allows. They are decimating the Kokanee fry and there are too many lakers in the lake. I hope to get back up there soon
[signature]