Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flaming Gorge
Hi Everyone,

I've been watching your site for a few weeks now. And I must say I've been very impressed with most aspects of it. I'm taking my family to flaming gorge next week. I don't have down riggers on the boat and we'll be in the Sheep Creek area. Does any some good pointers, i.e. tackle, depths,speed, places to fish?

Thanks, Playnhooky
[signature]
We always enjoy having new members join our group and hope we can help you improve your fishing or catching success.

What are you going to be fishing for? If you have lead core line you can get deep enough to catch kokanee and if you fish the right area, macks. If you look back a few pages you can get some good info on fishing the Gorge. If all you have is mono you can catch rainbows and maybe some kokes early in the morning. We were fishing the Red Cliff area of Sheep creek a month ago and did good using a green wedding ring lure behind a 4 in. hammered silver doger. We were fishing with 5 or 6 colors of lead core line out at a speed of .5 mph up to 1.5 mph. The kokanee were 24 to 44 ft deep, so it will be hard to get momo that deep but not impossible. Good luck to you and let us know how you do. WH2
[signature]
good to have you here playnhooky, have fun and good luck at the gorge . .

[Wink]

sm
[signature]