Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bayou Des Cannes Catfish Report to come
[center][Image: winner.gif][/center][center][#ff0000]week ending june 28th 03[/#ff0000][/center]

Well the rain here around Mamou started up again after givin us a week of nonstop down pour. Went to the Bayou Des Cannes last saturday and caugth a few channel cat and goo. Heading out there again this saturday and hopefully sunday givn good weather conditions. We tightlined using live nightcrawlers and chicken hearts and beef livers. Got more action on the nightcrawlers tho. Hopefully more action to come in the next couple of days....

I'll keep yall updated...

Smile

Jamie
[signature]
congradulations on winning this weeks post of the week, we hope to hear more form down your way,

say, do you reside in Bayou country? (delta)

well this northern (me) dont know much about them southern fish from the deap south. Is goo a fish or is it the slop you were trying to feed the kitties?[sly]
[signature]
I just got a peak at your profile and saw you are in to shootin and smithin.

we have a sister site to this one called [url "http://www.theoutdoorlodge.com/cgi-bin/forums/ikonboard.cgi?s=3f0109c81de2ffff"]The Out Door Lodge [/url] it is geared up for hunting and shooting sports. you may want to drop in there, maybe even drum up some smithin along with yackin about hunting.
[signature]
Ahh well thas a suprising thing to see "Post of the week" but thanks Smile

okie now for the dirt on this past weekend. We got out there saturday and started rigging the troutlines with chicken hearts. Set about 4 of them at different bends ni the bayou. After we finished setting and baiting we finally started tightlining. It wwas pretty slow at first but we caught a few lil' blue and yellow cats. They were too small for any type of food Wink so we kept them as cut bait. As the late afternoon went down to dusk we checked and baited the lines on the way back. We caught 4 on one line about a pound or so each (All yellows). When we loaded up we decided that we was goan go back right at daybreak to check and tightline some more.

Well it was 6am and we just got the boat in the water. We went to the first line and found a blue cat runnin about 3-4 pounds hook on the troutline. So far so good. We rebaited and headed to the next line. There was about 6 blues on that one line alone. All about 1-2 pounds I wanna say. Headed to the next line and discovered 3 yellows bout 3 pounds each and 2 spotted cats bout a pound each. We rebaited and headed to the last line but nothing was on. We tightlined a lil while but then the rain poured in. Lightning and thunder roared thru the dead silent woods like the Battle of Verdun. We hurriedly picked up the troutlines and headed out the bayou as quick as possible.

All in all it was a pretty good weekend no the troutlines. We didnt do as good this weekend as we did the weekend before but it was excitin.

To answer yas question a goo( i guess thas how ya spell it) is a fish. Basically liek a fat shad the size of a hand size Crappie. Really good to fry when felayed( i can't spell Wink )

I jsut may have to check out that gun part fo the forum Smile. I mainly smith on C&R rifles at the moment but I'm still somewhat learning more on basic Gunsmithing. It's all good Smile

Jamie
[signature]
keep an eye on your email for a note from "Tackle Direct" they will have a certificate for you.

welcome to big fish and thanks for the update...
[signature]
Congradulation!
hey stranger where ya been? we missed ya ! ! !
[signature]
Super busy over here. Working overtime at work and lots of website building for others.
[signature]