Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Bluelining" Report
I call creek fishing "bluelining" because it is always a gamble and always changing. I usually just look at the map of an area I want to fish and go find the " blue lines" to see if there is anything in them. Most years this is a hit and miss hobby. This year it has been more hit than miss. The highwater has made creek fishing awesome in areas that have not been good for years. Many of the fish are small but at least we know they will have a place to get bigger for another year.

I won't post the creeks that I fish do to the fact that they can be fished out in a matter of minutes. I would encourage everyone to get out there and go blue lining. There is little else that gives me more joy then watching my kids with their 6' three weights swatting the water and picking up brookies in small creeks. It really gets them excited about fly fishing and teaches them how to read water, get a good float mend line etc...

We caught fish on small crickets, caddis, and royal wolfs.

Here are some pics...

Windriver
[signature]
Those are some "respectable" brookies and a very nice little creek.

Great outing. Don't you love Idaho!
[signature]
I'm going to start using that term Bluelining. This is how we spend the hot days of summer. Nothing like exploring new areas and fishing opportunities. Coming home with a dinner of brookies and some huckleberries is a real treat. It's one of the few things that my mom can still do and insists we take her out a few times a year. It brings tears to my eyes watching my mom teach my son how to fish those small creeks with grasshoppers - the same way she taught me 40 years ago. I swear that lady can catch a brookie out of a coffee can. It's all about making memories with family and friends.

Here's a few pic's of my mom passing on the torch of "Bluelining" to the next generation, taken a few weeks ago.
[signature]
Thank you both those were wonderfull pics and stories.
[signature]
I read this and got thinking how i love catching thos brookies and realised i havnt gone after them once this year. gear is ready and i am on my way first thing in the morning. i love the grin on the kids faces with there fish you can tell they are definetly hooked.
[signature]
Thanks for sharing. We started out by catching live grasshoppers and intended on using them, but the fish were hitting the artificial grasshoppers so well that it just seemed easier to let them chuck them in and wait for something to explode on the fly.

Windriver
[signature]