Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Couple of firsts at Pineview ... 7-2-03
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]As promised, SSabshif gave me the grand tour around Pinview today. He also promised me my first musky ... and he made good on that too![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]We met at the ramp at 6:00 AM and launched at 6:30. By 7:30 SS was showing me the finer points of landing the magnificent tiger musky. By 9:00 I was showing him that I'm a good learner and pulled in my first .... freekin' rush! I wanted to show him something too so I got out my $30 lip gripper and hooked into his jaw. That tiger said nothing doing and thrashed and pulled the gripper out of my hand! Man they can throw their weight around when they have a mind to it. I got back a hold though. After things had settled down a bit, we were going to get a picture and lifted him up and he come off the gripper. DON'T try to lift the whole fish with just the gripper! Support him with a second hand! So, no picture proof of me and my first musky ... darn.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Around 1:00, SS picked up our third and last tiger of the day.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Water temps were around 70 degrees all day.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]I also caught my first carp (I know that's no big deal for any respectable fisherman, but hey, I enjoyed it!). I also caught about a dozen little six inch smalleys ... coouldn't keep them off down by the dam.[/size][/font]

[size 2][font "Comic Sans MS"]I want thank SS for teaching me both the art of catching tigers and how to treat, handle, and respect them. They are an awesome beast!
Thanks again SS. I owe you.
[/font]
[/size]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Caught lots of these:[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0463510.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]First one for the day ... what a hand full![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0474882.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0483483.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0497297.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0505740.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0529383.jpg][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Here's a bike jump that some kids were having fun on. Remember those days when we were creative in the summers?[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2][Image: NAYL2492CustomImage0512024.jpg][/size][/font]
[signature]
That's it!!!!! if i dont have one of those muskellunge on my line soon i'm gonna go nut's. I dont have a boat though. so hopefully one of you guys out there might feel sorry enough for me and invite me along to catch a few!!!!!!

GOOD FISHIN TO YA'ALL!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
damm thats a fat musky

chris
[signature]
Great job guys! Bass just no longer compare, actually nothing in Utah will compare to hooking into one of those monsters. Nice fish and nice pics guys. Way to go.
[signature]
[Wink][font "Arial"][red][size 2] Hey Coot, Those are some awsome pix that you took. My boat is down for a while so 'm going out to Willard with Teroy in the morning. Next Tuesday I flying back to Cape Cod, Massachusetts for two weeks. I already have a fishing trip planned on the ocean. [/size][/red][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] I hope to post some pictures from there after we get in. Anyway You and I need to get together after I get back so that I can be your first Muskie Student, LOL. Please Please.[/size][/#ff0000][/font]

[font "Arial"][#ff0000][size 2] AFDan52[/size][/#ff0000][/font]
[signature]
Way to go Coot!!! EVen though I was trying hard, I didnt land me a tiger, but holding one yesterday was awesome. But I am ready to go again!!! After just holding that 45 incher yesterday, I want that pole bending experience!!! One question??? did that musky ie move your boat better than your outboard, the ones that were caught on OEJ boat yesterday had there own propulution power!!!
[signature]
i guess it is easier than it looks and i just have no idea what im doing up there. haha great pics guys. now i am truly jealous. it hits a sour spot when you have spent the time i have on that lake and only had one follow ever. im glad to see that people can catch them and it couldnt happen to a better bunch of guys.
[signature]
Nice report Coot !!!!!!!!!!!!! Man I got to get me one . SSabshif nice fish too ! Those smallmouth are all over up by the dam . Fun to catch when I can't find any muskies wanting to play . There's some bigger ones but most all real small smallmouths . That is what I need to know how to hold them to release . I was wondering if those fish grippers would work . Thats alot of fish to hold . LOL Did any of them do the tail dance ?
[signature]
Congratulations Old Coot, you are now a proud member of the "I finally caught a tiger musky" club.
[signature]
It was a pleasure going out with you Old Coot. I see by the pictures you are an honest fishermen[Tongue]Good luck on trying to get a picture of you holding the next one you will catch in the future. Do not be afraid to jump after the next one that breaks you off at the boat!
[signature]
Congratulations Old coot and ssabshif. Did you catch them trolling or casting?
[signature]
Way to go Old Coot and SSabshif, Hey OC, isn't great to have someone to show you the ropes when it comes to catching a first fish. ...nice fish and pictures. How did we all get by before this site came around, what a great resource.WH2
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]When I wrote my post I was supper tired and so I forgot to tell you all about something interesting that happened: When my tiger came off the lip gripper, SS quickly reached down in the water and caught him again. The tiger, doing the supper threshing thing, slipped out of our hands a second time just before taking a picture and SS went in after him again. This time he only had his slippery tail and he got away. Ole SS sure is a determined boy![/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]MGB ... We caught them trolling edge waters.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 2]Wiperhunter2 ... You got it right ... nothing compares with first-hand on-the-water training. You can read and listen to all you want but it ain't never going to compare with standing along side the pro and watching them in action. My experiences yesterday were very reminiscent of learning lake trout jigging with BLM. These guys know what they are doing and to be tutored by them are precious times. Yes WH2 ... this IS a great Web site.[/size][/font]
[signature]
still got to get me one of those beasts. good fish. what were you using and how fast were you trolling?
[signature]