Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bluegill at Bruneau Dunes?
Hi all. I'm hoping to get my daughter down to Bruneau Dunes this weekend or next to play in the sand and to try to catch some bluegill. Is it getting too late in the year to expect much fishing action? My daughter loves to fish -- and loves to eat 'em, too! But I've never fished for bluegill before, and I want to try to make this a positive experience for her. Any advice for a rookie? Thanks!
[signature]
I've never fished at the sand dunes this late in the year but there are a bunch of bluegill in there. There's not a lot to it......just a size 8 hook, a worm, a bobber and a Snoopy rod & reel. You may also want to get some crappie jigs of different colors (red & white is a favorite). You will need to vary the depth of the bobber or take it off altogether if the fish are deep and just cast it out and let the worm sink. You may need to move around a little to find them. Another place to consider in that area is Cove Arm and/or Crane Falls which are right next to each other by CJ Strike and pretty kid friendly. I caught a lot of big crappie in Cove Arm this year and Crane Falls has all kinds of fish that will chase a worm.

She is a cutie and I hope she keeps fishing. I chose my screen name because of what you will be doing this weekend. Have fun.
[signature]