Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey 7-7 (report)
Hit Causey tonight in the toon. Put in at the dam, then cruised up to the back inlet, trolled anywhere from 10-70 feet of water. Marked a lot of fish on the bottom, perhaps some jigging might entice a bite or two? Anyways, I landed 5 Kokes (11-13"), 2 planter bows (12"), and 1 splake (11"). Most fish were caught in 35-45 feet of water. A couple came from around 15 feet. I was using a Dipsy Diver, a silver flasher and a kokanee king. I also caught a few on a pink/white triple teaser. I sweetened the hooks with both eggs and worms, but the only catches came off of the worms. Not too bad of a night. Lots of fish started jumping after the sun went down. I'm not an avid fly fisherman, but I did see a couple of mayflies trapped on the surface of the water, not sure if that is what they were jumping for though.
[signature]
When I first got a tube , I would go there and fly fish with a renegade dry and tear them up after the sun stops hitting the water . Most fish where small but fun in a tube .
[signature]
Do you ever to to Porcupine res?
[signature]
I haven't fished it yet. I've seen a couple of posts here that haven't been to encouraging yet. I hope it picks up soon, I'd love to give it a try.
[signature]
How far is causey from Pineview???
[signature]
About 5 or 6 miles up south fork canyon heading east. I think its SR 39. I used to live up there you think I'd remember. Anyway hang a right at the Red Rock Cafe (note: don't stop there for bait or eats) then go about a mile or two to the dam. You can go across the dam to Skull crack which is the end of the road for public use after that its private for property owners of Causey estates. Or keep to the left and head toward the scout camp. The inlet there has produced fish and there is usually someone fishing there. You can't fish the pond behind the inlet dam I think it belongs to the scout camp. There are no boat ramps and a limitation on the size of trolling motors (or there used to be), there are two fingers opposite the dam one heading due east the other just off that one heading south. As far as boating if you can carry it you can launch it.

Have fun
[signature]