Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why D.N.R. , why ?
I would just like to know why the 2 tracks are all being closed off one by one , these roads have been around since the 1920's some even earlier than that . Why ?
Truth be told , you can't control the people that come to these woods , the woods that belong to the citizens of this state and country and that undermines your self esteem issues as control freaks .
People don't need or want you to monitor their each and every move , that is why we have the declaration of independence and bill of rights in this country .

Then there is the clear cutting , why ?
There were several hundred oak , ash and maple saplings starting to grow in this area , a future food source for the animals of this area , and you destroyed it .
These small developing trees weren't harvested for wood they were brush-hogged down like weeds , why ?

I have been hunting this area since 1995 and squirrels , rabbits and grouse just started to thrive in this small patch of heaven and you destroyed it .
I harvested my first deer here , I harvested my largest buck here , I had planned on bringing my children here to hunt the same woods that I first started my love for the outdoors in and you killed it , why ?

This was all natural growth unlike the millions of depression era pine that surrounds the area planted in corn rows , did you feel that natures plan wasn't up to par with your plans on what a natural forest should be ?

I for one hope to God that you control freaks get stripped of your excess regulations and authority that is undermining our great outdoor lifestyle that us true die-hard Michigan citizens DID once enjoy in our state . I will continue to push for the "Right to Hunt ,Fish , Camp , and Boat , and to enjoy our states natural resources " .
I pray with all my heart and sole that it happens in my lifetime so I may die in peace knowing that Michigan's public lands will be used and enjoyed by everyone without the D.N.R. looking over their shoulders every second of the day or night . I will be content knowing that Michigan's great outdoors will be used under the freedoms we are granted by God and not the regulations imposed by a few misguided self serving political wanna bee's .
[signature]
here is a few whys,

michigan over a decade ago has been working to keep an x number of grass lands open, this dose mean brush hogging as aposed to the fire startings of years past.

true the jack pines do lack of desire of habitat for harvestable game, the grass lands or "prarie" feilds offer much resorces for a greater diversity of wild life. this includes deer rabbits, not so much for squrils and prokey pines.

under a natrual invironment fires would have done the work for us, much like california and other states out west.

Our groth here in michigan is compairively to the states out west is new groth. this is true for most of the state, sure there are a few trees left standing from the 1860s when the state was compleatly stripped of its trees. I saw photos of my area where there were only a cople trees period for miles in any direction.

as for them closing down two tracks, it means only a cople things to me, the population in your area is getting to the point that any path way is getting used more than it is intended or there has been some activity in there that has been un lawfull or detrimental for the area.

they closed down all the two tracks in my area because of this williams dude who killed a bunch of kids and cut them up and dumped them on the side of those two tracks.

if the two track is leading to the freshly cut feild they may be attempting to stop any traffic before it starts.

one other thing it could posibly be is they may be planning to plant a new patch of trees just before burning down another patch, "yes the state still burns trees "jack pines" to start a new groth.

You know better than any one hear I seldom fully agree with every thing the state dose, I dont know if I do or dont here because I dont know which plot of ground you are refering to. Beleive it or not, most of the time the areas are closed off because of an upcoming loss of park rangers and conservation officers.

they closed off a bunch in my area down here as well, and it was due to the lack of manpower because of all the cutbacks.

if the state want the economy back so it can get back its tax base it needs to put people back to work not get rid of their jobs.

the worst part of trail closeures it that it prevents rescue attemps by local law and safty departments. meaning they will have to buy special and more expencive equipment to be able to come to some one's aid.

keep your pencil and paper handy and take names of the persons involved in the closeures so you can write them a letter when some kid dies because rescue personel could not reach them in time.

you have my empithy for your loss, I keep loosing my accesses here more and more every day....
[signature]
I went to a old hunting spot on state land..the last day of the season ..omfg it's gone ..I mean gone .... one mile square gone ..the land across the road ...clear cut ..the land I hunted ..burned..wtf .... I know back in the day the Gov was in the lumber bizz..but holy cow .and like you said ..the trails are all blocked off..that's so you have to park ona main road so the DNR can see who's where..they don't even have to get off the main road to see a hunter ..or just someone walkin in the woods just enjoying the great outdoors but it's really the forestry doing that crap.. Fed's
[signature]
Ya' can't park on the main road or you get a parking ticket , if you pull off the road to park there is a limited distance to park or ya' get a ticket .
If your in a wheelchair and want to hunt , forget it !
[signature]