Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry 7-12-03
Went to strawberry with my nephew today. Fished from
7:00am-4:30pm. We fished just past mud creek. The first couple of hours was slow then we found a school in 35' of water. From 9:00-3:30 we had some real good action catching and releasing 25 fish and lost a few others. We caught a couple rainbows and the rest where cutts that where mostly 17"-19". Three where under 15" and nothing over 22". We caught them on water crikets,tube jiggs,paddle bugs and 1 on a marbou jigg. The water was calm most of the day then a slight breeze picked up just in time to kept us cooled off a little. Water temperature was 67 degrees.

Fish&game checked our coolers and our license while we where on the water. I am glad to see they are keeping a close eye on everyone up there.
[signature]
Good report MGB were you casting or trolling or both? I'm glad to hear the DWR are doing a good job, let's hope the people that have been cheating all these years wise up and give the cutts a chance to grow so we can all catch some big fish in a few years. WH2
[signature]
We where vertical jigging, we did not do any casting or trolling. With no or little wind it was ideal conditions.

I wish the dwr would of started the slot limit and checking people a couple of years ago. Most of the cutts where fat and looked healthy. In a couple of years there should be some really nice cutts. It seems like there is not as many people fishing strawberry which should help the fish population and the size of the fish.
[signature]