Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost Creek Update - Some safe ice
I never see much posts about lost creek but i love fishing it so i thought i would head up there today. we headed up there around noon, locked it in 4 wheel and actually passed the plow truck.. The road is all plowed now up to the dam. The water is still open at the dam, but we were making it just fine in 4 wheel over to the launch ramp through about a foot of powder. We got to the launch ramp and there is a bit of slush on the ice but it is a good 3 to 4 inches thick and that whole finger was frozen. We were probably the first ones up there all winter. We went out perpendicular to the launch ramp. We only caught 2 rainbows but didnt try too hard.. More so went up to see how the ice was.. It was about 20 F. and the whole lake should be capped soon. I have fished at the dam on new years in years passed... We hooked my jet sled to the back of my truck on the way out and towed my buddies even... was a fun day for sure, finally found out if it was even frozen....

Pictures is from today...
[signature]
That is soooo totally messed up!&*%$$# . I only missed the plow by an hour and I could have been fishing there yesterday instead of echo. Thanks for the report.
[signature]