Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Berry cuts!!
Wow went to the berry this afternoon..7/15..took my nephew and his little 9 yr cousin from texas.(her first time fishing) We fished over at chicken creek east in the bay just drifting with worms ,small weight with a floating jig head.Well she caught 2 huge 21,24inch cutts..i hope this a good sign that they are comming back! We also caught a few that were 18"..All were released to fight another day! I noticed this year that the cutts seem to have alot of energy this summer than the others..boy did they take there time letting us bring them in the boat...WOW..What fun!!!!
[signature]
We had the same experience with the cutts last weekend. They were full of energy and would fight all the way to the boat and then make a run when we tried to net them. Thats great you released the big ones thats what we need to do to help strawberry make a recovery and become the fishery that it once was.
[signature]
Congrats on a nice trip. And especially for the 1st timer! Nice fish indeed.
[signature]
With the exception of the largest cutt that I have caught up there (25" which didn't excel at fighting -- probably because it was deeply hooked) all of the other cutts seemed to have fought harder this year, and they seem to be a little heavier (probably explains why they fight harder).
[signature]
Nice report fishguy! I am getting more and more excited to get out there when I hear all the great reports and techniques people use. That's great you had a good time out there.

GOOD FISHIN TO YA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
[signature]
Thanks for the report utfishguy31! I am planning on heading up to the berry this weekend so I am happy to hear that there are still fish up there. What was the water temp and air temp? In addition to relaxing by fishing I am looking for heat escape!
[signature]
OEJ I was up there last Saturday and the sureface temperture was 67 degrees and the air was 47 at 7:00am and 83 at 4:00pm.
[signature]
Thank you for the info.
[signature]