Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Causey report (7-16)
Went up to Causey today in the toon. I was able to boat 6 kokes in a little over 2 hours. I missed several hits as well. They were all around 13-14 inches. I was trolling near the dam, 30-40 feet down. They were hitting on an Apex tipped with a worm, and also a kokanee killer tipped with a worm. Trolling speed was 1.0-1.3 MPH. The water level is dropping quite rapidly this summer. It is down 8 feet from last week, so it looks to be 30 feet low already. I didn't catch any trout this time, but I spent most of my time targeting a school of Kokes I marked near the dam. They are getting nice and plump up there this year, and they sure are a fiesty little fish. Here is a pic of the 4 I brought home to eat.

[Image: Causeykokes.jpg]
[signature]
how are you trolling 40' deep in the toon. I always have problems hitting the deeper fish with my pontoon up there while trolling. Nice picture
[signature]
If I told you, I'd have to kill you![Tongue] Just kidding![Smile] I use a Dipsy Diver. I call them the poor mans downrigger. I'm still trying to figure out exact depths, as Luhr-Jensen tests them with 20lb mono at 2.5 MPH. I use 30lb spider wire, which has as diameter of 6lb mono, and I troll a little slower, but I'm really starting to get the hang of using one. You can effectively troll to 70 foot depths using one. I've consistently out-fished others who are not using a diver. I'm a true believer. My rig is set up with the diver, 4' of leader, a flasher, and 18" of leader tied on to the lure. I've also caught Kokes up there using triple teasers as well. If you want any more info on the diver, let me know. I'd be happy to meet you up there and show you how they work as well. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]