Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wolak, Reehm join Custom Lures Unlimited pro-staff
RALEIGH, N.C. -- North Carolina lure manufacturer Custom Lures Unlimited has added Bassmaster Elite Series pros Clark Reehm of Arkansas and Dave Wolak of North Carolina to its CLU Pro Squad.

Wolak and Reehm will join pro anglers Jeffrey Thomas, Randy Howell, and Mike Iaconelli on the 2010 CLU Pro Squad.

CLU has become a leader in wooden crankbait production over the last few years and gained national notoriety when Mike Iaconelli won the 2008 Kerr Lake Northern Stren on a CLU crankbait, the IKON, that he and CLU owner Kelly Barefoot collectively designed.

CLU is best known for its old-school wooden crankbait designs that have the realism of high-end Japanese baits. Late last year CLU also introduced the first scale patterns to the wooden lure market.

"We're excited to have Dave and Clark as part of the team for 2010," Kelly Barefoot, owner of CLU, said. "We look forward to building the customized tools that will help them succeed on the tournament trail this year."

Said Reehm: "As an up and coming Elite Series angler, I like having the opportunity to give feedback on research and development, which doesn't come easy with large tackle companies that have super star pro staffs. In this economy with sponsorship deals coming few and far between, you might as well go with the best companies you can and those that you truly believe in. It's easy for some to chase bigger money, but at the end of the day I'd rather get the best baits available. CLU fits my fishing style. Their hand crafted crankbaits are the highest quality and any angler that likes to run and gun won't be able to find any better."

Added Wolak: "I've used CLU's baits in the past and love Kelly's attention to detail. I know Ike has been using them for a few years and they're a superior wooden bait, which is hard to find anywhere in the country. They're a way beyond the one or two custom baits like they offered in the past. Year's ago Kelly only did custom paint jobs and such but now he's taken his popular colors and made them more available to the masses along with incorporating those colors in his new wood baits. The other thing is I live in Raleigh, the headquarters of CLU, and it makes it so easy for me and Kelly to bounce thoughts and concepts off each other. I can't wait to work with Kelly and CLU in the future."

CLU produces both wooden and plastic custom lures that are individually geared for specific tournament needs and water conditions. For more information go to www.customluresunlimited.com.