Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Strawberry report (7-19)
Myelf and petty4life hit the berry today...a little slow for us. We boated 5 fish total, 4 cutts (all released) and petty caught the biggest fish, a nice fat bow. All the fish looked great, nice and plump. We trolled the renegade area with apexes, triple teasers, and kokanee killers, all tipped with worms. I missed a lot of strikes, even with a stinger hook. This fish weren't very aggresive today, and to top it off, I broke the end of my trolling rod! I was still able to use it, so I just need to get some new rod tips.

In the morning a volunteer was reminding people about the restrictions on the cutts, that was nice to see. Then in the afternoon when we were cleaning the bow at the cleaning station, some dude had a cutt that I'm pretty sure was in the slot. He had some excuse that is was just going to die....didn't remember the size restriction...the only fish my boy caught all day....too many bad/lame excuses for not releasing the fish. He had a couple fat bows that were nice fish. He said all fish were caught on powerbait, just still fishing. All the people we talked to didn't have a great day either. We didn't run into any BFTers out there, although we did troll down to haws and make a check.

Did anyone else make it up today?
[signature]
How could you have missed me? I was the onlt tube in the water. I have to say though I didn't get there until after noon. The little job at work took a little longer than expected. I tried to reach out and touch someone with frs but no luck. HHey did you guys go through McDonalds in Heber? If ya did FB2 served ya the drive through.

Oh here's my report ..............SKUNKED..............

Not even a nibble by a crawdad left around 6:00pm. Heck when I got there and launched. I though whoooeeeee this is going to be a banner day. Markingg fish all over the place, 7', 8', 15', 23'. Man I thought I had gone to fish heaven. Then I noticed I had the sonar on demo[blush]! Corrected it and all them fish were gone.
[signature]
I was over in the renegade bay looking for folks until about 1030. I was listening to ch6 sub0 trying to pick ya up. Did you hear alot of chater between some folks catching fish?
[signature]
My radio was so quiet I banged it a couple of times on the tube to make sure it was working LOL. I saw one fish caught the whole time I was there. And the nice gentelmen asked his wife if they should keep it. After a bit of discussion they released it back to the lake. It was in the slot at 18", but he really wanted to take something home. I told him he would be rewarded by catching a bigger fish outside the slot. That didn't seem to cheer him up much.
[signature]
My son and I fished Strawberry for the first time in many years. We launched the boat at Strawberry bay and trolled from 5pm to 7pm without any luck. Got up early and made the drive over to Renegade, well worth the drive very little ramp pressure, didn't feel hurried or pressured to get the boat launched and out of the way for the next boat. We trolled and bait fished all around that area with again no luck. I guess it just wasn't our time, didn't see many others catching much either. Our luck can't be bad for ever and we are looking forward to our next trip up there and hopefully get into some big fish.
[signature]