Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I too was at Strawberry this weekend...
Aquaman and Road have posted their reports already so here goes mine[laugh]. Arrived at the berry around 7am started fishing about 8am after setting up camp. We started fishing in the renegade area until around 1030 or so then got a call from PoloKid saying he made it up and to come pick him up. We struck out, no hits no nothing over there. After picking up PoloKid we decided to go to the Chicken Creek area. We fished there from around noon till 230. We caght 3, all rainbows and we kept 2 of them, boy were they yummy Smile. We went back out on the water around 6 after some lunch and a nap. We were chased off the water by some nasty clouds. Fished in the same two places this morning and did not catch a thing. My daughter did get a monster bite but as every parent knows a 5 year old has only so much desire to watch a fishing pole for hours. Attached is a pick of the two we kept.

By the way the DWR has a group of volunteers up there hand out procs and telling everyone in the area about the slot and what the cuts look like. And the ranger checked just about everyone at the cleaning station. I enjoyed watching all the tickets that were wrote.
[signature]
Nice pick OEJ. Glad you guys could make it up. Too bad the fishing was so slow this weekend. Good luck next time you head out.
[signature]