Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon Falls Creed
Any input on the fishing opportunities out by Salmon Falls Creek Res? I am going to be in Jackpot, but would rather fish than gamble. What is the stream like near Jackpot? Can you fish the tailwater of Salmon Falls Creek Reservoir?

Thanks
[signature]
Really don't know about the stream right now but I would imagine that with this warmer weather and recent rains it is probably full of runoff. The ice on the upper end of the reservoir is starting to get questionable now. If it were me I would fish the open water down by the dam on the west side, there has been some 15-17" trout being caught down there.
[signature]
I was there last Monday and decided not to go on the ice at Grey's Harbor because it was iffy. There was a small section of open water down from the boat ramp that some other people where fishing. The good shore access to open water was on the west side but I wasn't driving the 4x4 so couldn't go. As far as the creek below the dam - I'm sure, and have heard, it must be some good fishing. I just haven't figured out how to get into the canyon. Looks like there may be a place to access the canyon a couple miles north on the west side but I haven't actually checked it out yet. I really enjoy fishing Salmon Falls and the wife really enjoys Jackpot so we get down there several times a year. Been twice already this year thanks to the free rooms at Cactus!!!
[signature]
if you wanna fish salmon falls creek in places that don't get hit oftern i would go to one of two places. the first does get hit and i would suggest going a ways up stream and that is at balanced rock. One of my best fly fishing days was in that area and i had a blast wiht the 8-15in trout, succcors and some squaw fish.

another place that i access the creek. go to castelford (sp) go down E900N to what is called the lilly grade road. there is a place to park right there at the bridge and go either way fro the bridge is good or go up the road a little way to a turn out and there is a trail down the creek i backpacked up it for a couple days last spring and saw a huge mountan lion (glad i had a gun) but had some great fly fishing.

my only advice is watch for ticks they are everywhere down there. IF you wanna hook up adn go see htese places with me shoot me off a PM a few days in advance and ill do what i can to be able to get off work and show you around
[signature]
i forgot that cedar creek reservoir also known as roseworth was the best ice fishing i had all season. the creek below i have not had a chance to fish but as i have looked at google maps an there are some places that the road enters the canyon and you can access the creek. I love salmon falls creek and i assume that cedar creek below the dam will be good all spring when the water quality upstream sucks the dams catch teh crud so the water stays clear and is nice
[signature]