Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
This year is a Prize Fight
Wow what a year this has been to watch the battle for the overall lead. To those who may not follow the overall points very much it has turned into a real punching match between Fuzzyfisher and Tmas. Hookngrinnin isn't too far out in third. Both Tmas and Fuzzy have put in some serious time the past couple of weeks to take the lead only to loose it a couple of days later. They are down to catching fish that are a half inch bigger then the one they have already at times.

Some other interesting things this year are the number of Largemouth Bass that were entered early in the contest. Most have been replaced but were nice to see. Also this years youngest contestant and winner of last years youth contest Biggbites is holding his own with 88 points. A 27.5 inch Lake Trout this week is something a lot of people would like to have.
[signature]
I agree it has been a great contest this year.
[signature]
I was thinking the same thing. Its going to come down to the wire. I have almost already thrown the flag for myself but I might have some luck on the two places I have not been yet this year, FG and the berry. It seems like those places will get me fish that might bump me back into the contest. Watch out for for the late season dandies that people pick up every march.

Glad you started this thread. I have wanted to comment for a while about the lead scenarios.
[signature]
Your right about either of those lakes putting someone right back into the lead. If nothing else someone could land that one Big fish that takes top honors. Some nice money for largest Trout and Non Trout caught.
[signature]
I've been having a blast this year, i almost didnt' even sign up but i knew i'd have some time between projects to fish! Fuzzyfisher is one heck of a fisherman and it's been awesome seeing all the big fish you all have posted. I am prettty much done for a few weeks and there might not be much ice left then, but it's been a fun fight either way!

I want to say thanks to you TLSPYDER13, i know it takes some time measuring all those fish i post that are only a little bit bigger and then i catch another one a little bigger again, haha. Thanks a lot it's been great you've stayed on top of the scores really quickly!
[signature]
It has definately been a fun icefishing season and being in the Icefishing Challenge makes it that much more fun. I have had a lot of fun fishing with BIGbites. We plan to get in a few more trips chasing big fish through the ice before the season is over.

Thanks tlspyder13 for your efforts in managing the challenge and keeping up on everyones entries. Thanks to everyone that has participated. It is interesting to see where people are fishing and all the fish that are being entered.

[fishin] [cool]
[signature]
I have been gone for about 10 days and was wondering if there is any prediction on how long the contest will go? I am not sure how you will determine the deadline thing.

And no I am not sandbagging but I wonder if anybody else is.[Wink]
[signature]
The contest rules say it ends April 20, 2010.

There is still time to get a couple more fish entered if you can find good ice.

I plan to at least hit Strawberry before the seasons over and pick up a cutt over 20".

I'm not sandbagging . [Wink]

[fishin] [cool]
[signature]
Oh wow that is plenty of time. I might hit the berry Wed on my way out to the basin.

If anybody WAS sandbagging I would worry about YOU or bowhunter3 and Jackson if I were tmas or Fuzzy...lol I would not worry about me though, I am not going to get the kicker fish I had hoped for. Good luck guys. This is the final month.
[signature]
As already said it ends on the 20th of April. That gives people a few days on the ice after taxes are due if there is any ice.[cool] Winners will be posted by the 25th of April.
[signature]
Good to see you are back. Thanks for the inclusion of my name, but I think I am out of the running. May get a couple more trips on the ice, but I can't wait to get my hands on some eyes. This year's contest has been fun though. Good luck to everyone..... there has to be someone who pulls out a monster on late ice.
Oh ya, and definitely no sandbaggin' here.
[signature]
No sandbagging on my end either. Got super crazy with work aruond the end of January, had a baby Feb 12 and have stayed super crazy with work and no sleep with baby. Haven't even been fishing since the end of January. I was hoping to make a comeback but life caught up with me. A good tournament this year. I will fish harder next year. Good luck to all!
[signature]
Congratulations on the new baby.
[signature]
Yes, congrats on the new baby. I figured you must be busy with the new one.
[signature]