Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Below Ririe Dam??
Anyone here ever fish right below the dam (Ririe)?I was just told about someone that did quite well there...looking at that area on google map and the F and G map and it looks like that might be a privite road that takes you down to that area...anyone here know for sure ?
[signature]
i have fished down there a few times and caught alot of suckers down there and some small bass.
[signature]
I fished down there probably ten years ago when you could drive across the dam. We didn't do very good at all, but there is some nice holes down there that probably have some trout in them.
[signature]
I fish below the dam often on the fly. Hiking down in can be a bit of work but there are some very nice cutts down in the deeper bends and holes in the 1/2 mile right below the dam.

I usually fish down in there in April and May before much water starts being released.
[signature]
Thanks for the replies guy..I was told of a 22inch/ 9lbs Brown that was supposedly just taken from down there...could very well be a "big fish story".
[signature]
I have always wondered myself. I did fish it when I was a kid right after the damn was built, but that was a few years ago.

Seems that a brown at 22" would be around the range of 3-4lbs, but it is a fish story.
[signature]
I caught a 21" brown today on the reservoir and it was only 3lbs. I think you were told a story.[:/]
[signature]
This last Oct., below Gem Lake , I caught a 25 inch, 6lbs brown (extact. measurement/ electronic scale used). To me that was huge. My biggest to date since moving up here. I was thinking of getting it mounted but thought that I could probably do better...I ate it instead[Smile]. Any how, I would think that a 22" 9lbs would look like a football...I wonder how many guys guesstimate the size of their catches.
[signature]
I did the same thing on a 31" steelhead. I thought I could do better also. I still kick my self for not mounting it. But it was good eating.
[signature]
A friend and I tried fishing it twice last year and caught loads of suckers. I don't think it's worth walking down the dam for that. I wish you could still drive down there but I think they closed it after 9/11
[signature]
If you look at google map...it looks like you can get there from the 115 rd... which would be west of the stream...but if there is mostly stuckers whats the point.
[signature]