Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NFO / Scadden Outlaw Renegade Bag
Well, since I last posted here, I have been very very sick, to the extent that I was in the hospital for five days fighting off a severe cast of double pneumonia. I am back home now in self-care but still very weak.

Yesterday the boat bag I ordered from NFO arrived. It's an OK bag but certainly nothing special. Dave said these normally sell for $130 but are currently on sale for $80. Turns out the bag supplied is a "Western Pack" model WH-636 and can be purchased several places on the 'net for less than thirty bucks.

This is the bag I got from NFO:

http://www.giantduffle.com/main/review/p...ist/id/28/

Don't waste your time buying one from NFO.
[signature]
There is no way the Rampage will fit into this bag. I removed the seat, bags, everything and pumped the Rampage flat as a pancake with the LVM pump, tried folding it several different ways, and the boat simply will NOT fit into this bag. Maybe it would if it sat in the hot sun for a long time to make it more pliable, but the material the boat is made of is very tough and very inflexible at normal 50-70 degree temperatures. Sitting it in the sun in the Sahara is not always going to be an option.

I guess I'll just wrap the boat in a tarp.
[signature]
Yawn!
The funeral for Trigger was last weekend.
[signature]
Return it and see if you can get a refund.
[signature]
I just noticed this you tube of the Scadden boats being folded. Thought you might be interested.

Probably in warm weather and as he says on it -- they get easier to fold as they break in.

http://www.youtube.com/user/davescadden#...NAcVEd6lJc
[signature]
Wow, that is a really nicely-done video. Exactly what I needed, and I will follow that method when my Rampage gets back from repairs at NFO tomorrow. BTW, they issued a pickup slip, UPS came and got it, NFO had it one day and turned it back around.

Pretty awesome service, thanks very much Dave!

PS: I sent a note to Dave thanking him for doing this "how to get your outlaw into the bag" video too.
[signature]
It is, he als told me they had a new one for the Boat Noiso and we just got, that Escape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lqi9uYhr1lU
[signature]
Well with the aid of that video and my ability to actually invent new swearwords on the fly, I was able to get my Rampage into the roller duffel this afternoon.

Sure not as easy as it looks in the video, but I found that the key is to fold the thing widthwise as narrow as you can, and then folding it into quarters the long way. It's a tight fit, but it'll probably get easier as the boat breaks in.
[signature]
[quote michaelnel]Well with the aid of that video and my ability to actually invent new swearwords on the fly, I was able to get my Rampage into the roller duffel this afternoon.

Sure not as easy as it looks in the video, but I found that the key is to fold the thing widthwise as narrow as you can, and then folding it into quarters the long way. It's a tight fit, but it'll probably get easier as the boat breaks in.[/quote]
[cool]Wow. Amazing isn't it.
[signature]