Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Antique Fly Rod
I would like info on where to take an antique fly rod to have it appraised and info on it. My grampa bought it before my mom was born and I'm in my early 50's. So its a few years old. It's four sections snap on the outside of a round mohair case and tie on with two shoelace type strings. Except for the cork being a little chipped and the oval name tag being fadded beyond readability its in excellent shape. I keep it locked in my gun cabnet so it doesn't get bounced around. I'm not looking to sell it, I would just like to find out info on so when it gets passed down there can be a complete history with it. I live in the Murray area, but anywhere within a reasonable drive would work for me. Al
[signature]
Almost anything that can be sold will have a price on EBAY. Just go to [url "http://www.ebay.com"]www.ebay.com[/url] and type in the search field "Antique Fly Rod" and hit the search button. I got back several hits - one a Orvis Fly Rod from 1882 currently priced at $390. Take the average price from 3 sales and that about what it should be worth. Ain't the internet just a wealth of information.
[signature]
I have done that but it still doesn't help me find the manufacture and approximate year. I might be trying to find out too much outdated info, but if there is any place to find help this should be the place. Al
[signature]
Try a few of your Antique shops. They are usually pretty up to date on everything you could imagine and if they dont know, they can put you in touch with someone who can.
[signature]
Sounds pretty simple. I'll bet give a few more year I could have figured that one out. Of course the logical things seem to float right thru without making an impact. Thanks, Al
[signature]
LOL, we all have are days. Good luck on your hunt!
[signature]