Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
myu's Pics
[cool]As requested here are myu's pics, which he sent to me by PM, possibly thinking I was the only one interested, and still working his way into learning the tricks of our BFT system.

myu assures me that he is going to start shooting some pics of the different species of fish he catches and is going to pursue entry into the 16 fish contest. He may not have noticed that part of the requirement is to have a BFT logo in the pic. I have some extra stickers I can send to anyone who would like them on their craft or cars...or use them in pictures.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage2417573.jpg]

As you can see in this pic (with the bugle mouth bass), I have BFT stickers on the right front of my Fat Cat, on my chest pouch and I am wearing both a BFT hat and Tee shirt.

Send me a PM with your mailing addresses and I will get you a couple of stickers. Then, check the new BFT gift store for our newest line of hats and tee shirts.
[signature]
Ah the coast, it's beautiful no matter what coast it is. Got to love the ocean. Hopefully myu will get it figured out cause i'm interested in seeing his posts and pictures.
[signature]
[cool]Yeah, I am a real "son of the beach" too. I especially like the calm waters in the Sea of Cortez. Since there is no surf (usually), it is easy to launch float tubes from the beach. Here's one pic from my website archives

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0424293.jpg]

Plus, a few more that I haven't uploaded yet, attached at the bottom.

I also look forward to seeing more of myu's contributions. He has already provided some interesting insight on the fishing and conditions in his part of the world.
[signature]
Okay, when we going????? I should be free to hit Cortez in oh about 14 years. Then I'll have to bring my linebacker son who the doctors are predicting will have his dad by at least 2 inches and who knows how many pounds. Sheessh.

Beautiful pics.

PS my house location is paying off. My daughters beg me everynight to catch some carp. I hook em, and then the girls play them, with some help from dad. The smallest one we have landed was at least 5 pounds.

ES
[signature]
beutiful pic. but the first thought to hit my mind was also when are we going

chris
[signature]
[cool]Hey, guys, most people have an image in their minds of the one place they could return and be totally at peace...completely lost in the ambiance and overall esthetics. While I have many mountain scenes in my favorite mind locations, I would have to say that when I get a terminal case of fishing pox, the Sea of Cortez is what comes boiling up to make me twitchy.

I have whole carousel reels of slides, and albums of pictures, of the many fine trips TubeBabe and I have enjoyed on that remote and beautiful body of water. It only takes one of us to mention it and we are both transported back to magical times and places when the combination of light conditions, water clarity, sounds of gulls and washing water...and of course the ecstacy of bent sticks and singin' string immediately takes us to a better place.

Here are a couple more pics of fish species I had on my BFT image file.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0515287.jpg]

Triggerfish, Snapper and Bay Bass

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0671518.jpg]

Aggressive & hard-fighting triggerfish (love Rattle Traps)

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0479162.jpg]

TubeBabe and Bay Bass.

[Image: SCOU1712CustomImage0644074.jpg]

Sting Ray...not the best thing to get next to an inflated craft.
[signature]
TubeDude!

Nice pictures, Sea of Cortez looks like wonderful pictures. From that picture it seems like almost sephia filter, maybe it has been to much time past by since you go there? Is that picture from many years ago?
[signature]
I was hoping to take picture from my APS film camera, I make huge mistake and drop in ocean, when large set of sea swell came suddenly, and I have small grouper hooked and trying to release. I feel I am only fisherman in Okinawa that release some fishes. Some fishes are not so tasty to my mouth so I do not keep all fishes sometimes. I was not looking closely enough to conditions, so maybe I deserve to loose my camera to water damages. I also recieve reply from Dave T Clown regarding my entry to contest called '16 species'. He say that it is contest only for US resident. So these 2 thing makes me Sad.

I am now researching which new camera to buy. I even went back to reef with snorkel and found camera, but I think film and camera are broken and not able to repair. My girlfriend will not allow me to use her SLR type. She says "never' after she hears my story of my lost camera. I have hopes to buy new digital camera soon. They are so much money here. I have conflict in my mind, because I am saving for new tandem kayak so that my girlfriend can be safe with me. So now I conflict between new camera, or get kayak sooner? I will try to make decision promptly.

The picture I post before has these descriptions:

'Maeda' is nice point of diving and fishing that is only 15 minutes paddle from my backyard. I catch 11 different species of reef type fish there from last 2 days. I have 3-D GPS map of this area that I constructed.

'Bolo' is also nice point of diving and fishing that is only 10 minutes paddle from my backyard. I catch 4 different species from there in last 2 days, this is where swell and grouper and my stupidness make me loose my camera to water damages.

'sunrise-chinen' is picture of nice sunsets I take from my backyard. I feel so lucky to have this view almost everyday before I start to walk with my float tube of kayak to go fishing.

'sharkmouth' is picture I take from new aquarium that is in northern Okinawa, this aquarium is wonderful. It contains the largest tank in the world, it has been great success for many types of fishes. It shows very large shark mouth and my girlfriend. We have season pass for this aquarium because we like to go and watch huge fishes, they have 15 meter whale sharks and 5 meter mantas that are very wonderful fishes.

I hope to soon have ability to post new pictures!!!
[signature]
TubeDude-

I have friend who lives in america, he is Japanese American who introduce to me about float tube. He bring me my float tube from america as omiyage(omiyage is traditional japanese custom of giving gift to hosts) He was great surfer that I meet at surfing spot called 'sunabe' while he was only visiting to Okinawa 4 years ago. He comes for vacations to Japan every 1 year and he stay in my house. I feel he is my lost brother! Your picture with carp reminds me of his float tube picture that he sent me. I will try to attatch this picture because I think you have much interest in tubes. He say he has fishfinder, flyrod holder, and conventional holder.

I hope to make immitations of his equipments. He teaches me about float tubes, he also sends me some plastics lures that I enjoy for testing, and I try to teach him about making lures. I also try to make him come to visit this message boards, but he is very busy with fishing and camping in nature and he says 'I'm busy enjoying life, to sit on computer and talk about what I could be doing in nature is not fun for me' this make logical sense to me!!! But I cannot enjoy life always like him.
[signature]
[cool]Hi, myu. Yes, those are older pictures, scanned from print film. But, the water is a beautiful turquoise color that is difficult to capture on film. It is best to experience it, in person, for the full beauty. Would you care to join me there?

And, yes, it has been far too long since I have been to those locations. There have been some changes in the tourist laws, and there are sometimes political and criminal problems. The government of Mexico makes it extremely difficult for the average person to drive into their country at a reasonable price. And, because of the poor economy, there are many bandits who target tourists. They rob them or beat them up...or even kill them and steal everything they have. That has increased a great deal along the beaches in Sonora...especially in the remote areas I used to drive my 4-wheel drive vehicle.

There are other areas closer to my home in Arizona that are still easy to get to and with little of the problems of traveling farther into Mexico. The fishing is still good, but it is not as peaceful with so many other people from the United States down there to just have a big party.
[signature]
[cool]Thank you for sharing the picture of your friend's craft. It looks like it is one of the models made by OUTCAST...like my 'Super Fat Cat". He also has his rod holders rigged much like I have mine. I share his belief. I also would rather be fishing than sitting at a computer. And, that is where I will be going in about a half hour.

It is just a little before 3 AM and I am going to make a "prospecting" trip to an area below a dam, where I have had much success in the past. However, the lake above the dam has been dry for almost 3 years. There was some water in it earlier in the year, and they let it flow rapidly through the dam and into the other lake downstream. I have heard that some fish came upstream and are now in the pool below the dam. I will see.
[signature]
[cool]Iam sorry to learn of your loss (camera), myu. I hope I am not at fault for suggesting you take more pictures for us. I am afraid that the salt water bath will not help it take better pictures. Maybe that is the excuse you need to get a digital camera. But, you have a decision to make, about the kayak. I hope you are able to do both. We enjoyed the pictures you shared, and look forward to seeing some more.

The digital cameras available in the United States are becoming very reasonable, for one that you want to use mainly for taking fishing pictures. We recently got twin Olympus D-550 digitals for TubeBabe and me. She is having fun with it, and is taking some good pictures...but not all of fishing. They can be purchased for $299 US, and if you find a good deal, will have a larger memory card with them. They are 3.2 megapixels, which is more than enough for storing and sending fishing pictures. In fact, I have to cut the file sizes way down for posting and emailing pictures.

Perhaps your newfound friend, with access to base purchasing, can be a good source for helping you get a good deal on a camera.

In the meantime, you will have to learn to be more careful, and to watch what you are doing. We all hate to lose fishing tackle and other personal items when we are fishing. I am sure you felt badly when you saw your camera sinking into the water.

P.S. Sorry about the rules on the 16 fish contest. Perhaps we can have our our float tube forum contest. Winner gets an assortment of "TubeDude" jigs or something.
[signature]
contest? what contest????LOL..... please keep me posted.

Hey Myu!... I see you write alot...like the Dude. That is a good thing. I am learning alot from you and TD trading responses.
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Halibut, the 16 species contest has been running for awhile. They have not announced a winner yet. That tells me that either nobody on any of the BFT forums likes contests...there are no good fishermen...or maybe, like me, they are just too humble and do not care to post pictures of all the fish they catch.

The contest was to see who could catch 16 species first...accompanied by photos including the BFT logo and a ruler. Something like that. A good angler in southern Cal could do that in a good morning, if they planned it right. I know that one quick trip down to the Sea of Cortez would do it for me. Heck, I could hit two or three lakes in my area over a couple of days and have it bagged too.

When I suggested we have our own contest, I was only half joking. Some of the other boards have weekly contests...like "Fishing Report of the Week", etc. Anybody have any ideas for something we could all participate in, with the potential of everybody being able to win something?

For prizes, we could make it BFT oriented...like hats, shirts, etc. Or, I could put up a dozen jigs or flies...of your choice. On the Utah board...which is obviously more localized...they have one of the local tackle shops that puts up a $10 gift certificate periodically and then they have contests to win it. Anybody got any connections out there?
[signature]