Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
There is hope after all
[size 2][font "Courier New"]Halleluiah! [/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I have my rod and reel that I lost two weeks ago.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I have it back thanks to God and a diver,[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]Lucky for me the soaking didn't hurt it at all.[/font][/size] [size 2][font "Courier New"]wow! I am so stoked.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I was able to hire a diver and he went in to the lake today Monday the 28th, at 7:45 I floated out to the spot I thought I lost it.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]Then he swam out to me and rested a bit then said this is a shot in the dark, like finding a needle in a hay stake, don't get your hopes up to high, it could have already been found by another fisher man.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I said we'll just hope for the best and I will accept what ever happens.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]He said we understand each other, then he dove out of sight.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I said a prayer[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]Heavenly Father, Most Gracious and Loving God,[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I pray to you that you abundantly bless my family and me.[/font][/size] [size 2][font "Courier New"]I know that you recognize, that my family is more than just [/font][/size][size 2][font "Courier New"]mother and father, sister and brother, husband and wife, but all [/font][/size][size 2][font "Courier New"]who believe and trust in you.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Father, I send up a prayer and request for the diver to find my rod and reel a blessing for not only for me but my family.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I pray that the power of joined prayer by those who believe and trust in you, is more powerful than anything. I thank you in advance for your blessings.[/font][/size]
[font "Courier New"][size 2]Amen[/size][/font]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]Father GOD, deliver the person reading this right[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]now from debt and debt [/font][/size][size 2][font "Courier New"]burdens. Release your Godly Wisdom that [/font][/size][size 2][font "Courier New"]I may be a good steward over all that GOD has called me to [/font][/size][size 2][font "Courier New"]bein my financial blessings. Father, for I know how wonderful and [/font][/size][size 2][font "Courier New"]mighty You are and how if we just obey You and walk in Your word and have the faith of a mustard seed that You will pour out blessings.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I thank you now Lord for the recent blessings I received with my cancer and for binging me back when I passed in the hospital and on Lake Perris and[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]for the blessings yet to come because I know you are not done with me yet. In Jesus Name, I pray,[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]Amen[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Two seconds after he left he rose to the surface with my rod out of the water.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]It looks as good as new.[/font][/size]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]A very thankful Steve Clark[/font][/size]
[font "Courier New"][size 2][/size][/font]
[signature]
[cool]Hey, Taipan, I know that we are all happy for you. Losing a favorite rod is more than losing the money involved. It is like losing a loved member of the family. Getting it back after having to go through the sickness of the loss is like getting a new lease on life.

I trust you will be a bit more attentive to your tackle on future trips, so that you do not have to hire any more divers.

Now, you have to go out and get reacquainted with your "honey". Two weeks is a long time to be away from a loved one.

Good luck and good health to you.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]I would like all of you to meet my new friend it is the Rod Leash.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"][url "http://www.rodleash.com/"]http://www.rodleash.com/[/url] [/font][/size]

[Image: Leash1.jpg]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I don't ever want to loose any gear again, and with my daughter starting to float tube.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I need to be sure that she has fun.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Thanks guys Steve[/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool]Nifty idea. Just be sure you don't attach it around your neck and then hook into a marlin...or even a big old carp or catfish.

I imagine someone who is creative and has the right materials could probably make up something workable for themselves.

There is a similar product on the market to attach to fins. Many a fishing trip has been ruined when a float tuber lost one or more fins.
[signature]
[size 2][font "Courier New"]They are really nifty Pat, [/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I have one as a gift to you.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]I hope my new fins are the floatable kind, in the past I have made sure they were, I seem to have slipped and didn't check.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]If not I best get a fin leash.[/font][/size]

[size 2][font "Courier New"]Steve[/font][/size]
[signature]
[cool]There are only a couple of models that float. I have always chosen my fins because of form and function, rather than with the idea that I might lose one (I have never lost a fin in over 40 years of tubing). Proper adjustment of the the straps and being sure to pull them into place before launching will greatly reduce the chance of accidental loss.

But, for peace of mind, and cheap insurance, you can get a pair of"Fin Tethers" from Cabelas for only $6.99.

[Image: i314890sq01.jpg]

And, if Santa Claus wants to put something under old TubeDude's tree, the Rod Leash would probably not get used much. I rotate around through about five rods on most trips, and would probably forego snapping it onto each rod as I picked it up. Again, I have never lost a rod, so I do not have the same level of concern that you have...after experiencing such a loss. I truly am happy for you, that you got it back.

Anyway, my midsection is not nearly as attractive as the one on the model. I would probably not look good in it.
[signature]
Fins are 10% negative,

so no...

With the instep pad they are corrected to
neutral, but if you lose a fin, its generally not kicked off, its sucked off
when walking in mud to enter a waterway.

Tethers are a good idea.

Thank you and best regards,

[url "mailtoConfusedusanne@forcefin.com"]susanne@forcefin.com[/url]
[url "http://www.forcefin.com"]www.forcefin.com[/url]

> Hi do the force fins float?
> Steve Clark

[url "mailto:info@forcefin.com"]info@forcefin.com[/url]
[url "http://www.forcefin.com"]www.forcefin.com[/url]
[signature]