Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
straberry report 07/04/03
hey I went to strawberry yesterday and fished out neer the strawberry marina and caught some nice fish on minnows. At first I was using about a number 2 hook and some medium sized minnows, but wasn't catching anything so I used a number 8 bait hook and about 3 inch minnows and caught 2 five pound 21 and 22 and 1/2 inch rainbows as well as another 17 inch rainbow and 3 cutts. The biggest cut was 21 1/2 inches. of course I threw the cuts back, but I kept the rainbows.

Jed Burton
[signature]
Nice fish report Jed. How were you fishing the minnows and in what water depth?
[signature]
Nice report, thank you for sharing.

Good Fishing, Kayote
[signature]
Way to go Jed! It sounds like the student has passed the teacher.
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]It's safe to say you didn't gain any luck from Kent unless it was bad...[/size][/font][Tongue][cool]
[signature]
Thanks for the compliment BLM. If he didn't gain any luck from me it had to be skill, and I'm sure that's what you intended to say. Right?
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]That's all it could mean, right? I've always thought it was better to be lucky than good but being good and not so lucky ain't that bad...[/size][/font]
[signature]
[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]Welcome to the board, guest. Glad to have you here to participate in our discussion. I too have fished with Kent a few times and have enjoyed the time spent with him. He is a competent fisherman that people can indeed learn from. He is also very eager to share his skills and time with others. By no means am I trying to knock Kent down. Give him a hard time? Oh ya, but never to belittle the man. [/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]If you haven't been here much than you haven't noticed that Kent and I take playful jabs at each other. [/size][/font][font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]You can rest assured that this is indeed is all in jest and my admiration for Kent's abilities, along with his "friend to all" attitude makes him a quality individual.[/size][/font]

[font "Comic Sans MS"][size 3]But he's not all that lucky...[Tongue][/size][/font]
[signature]
I was sure "LUCKY" for awhile there at Bear Lake, and then unfortunately the "worm turned" and the "LUCK" returned to you again. Speaking of great teachers, I have never fished with anyone who puts their heart and soul into helping a guy learn how to fish like BLM did in teaching me how to vertical jig for mackinaw (MGB was a great help in teaching me to fish for tiger muskie, Lundman did his best to help me catch a sturgeon and Tube Dude has provided countless hours of detailed written instructions that are invaluable and greatly appreciated). I was all ears (those who have met me know that is easy for me) and if one is willing to listen BLM is more than willing to teach you in detail -- and I do mean "in detail". So if you ever have the pleasure of fishing with him, unless you are already an accomplished vertical jigger for mackinaw, put away your pride and let him teach you!
[signature]