Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone Lake Opener
[cool][cool][cool]Yellowstone Lake....gotta love that place! As Eddiefish said...we were there on the opener fishing the South arm area. We did really well...from 5-8 am we had fish on constantly. Four guys, stayed 2 nights. Two of us slept on the boat, 2 in a tent surrounded by our bear fence. 99% were caught the same way Eddie did it...spinners. The macs didn't seem to care what color. Fished 10-20 down-just long lining and guy on the bow pitched toward the bank. We landed around 25 cutts-most in the 22" range. Lakers ranged from 2-8lbs. We ended up taking 44 home[Smile]! We fileted them at Bridge Bay for almost 45 min but we filled 9 gallons freezer bags with pure fillets-skinned as well. I'll attach a few pics.
[signature]
That's a lot of fish! But guess you have to do your part to check the invasive species! Some of those scenic pics are impressive as well.[Smile]
[signature]
Beautiful Pics!

Thanks for the great post!
[signature]
I have always wondered whether the lake trout removal efforts were working. It sure doesn't look like it.
Good job, doing your part.

Windriver
[signature]
I do think they're making a "dent" since we had to do a little searching for these fish....most yrs it doesn't matter where you fish-you can get into some macs. They guy we spoke to said last yr they pulled 60,000 out - the week before they opener they pulled a 1,000 in one day! They are great eating so I encourage everyone with a boat to get up there and do their part as well[cool]!
[signature]
hey i was just wondering if you could share a few secrets on where and what you use to take down them lakers those are some beautiful pictures and im going up thursday so i would love to get into them any help i would love thanks
[signature]
Outstanding job! As a cutthroat trout biologist, I applaud your lake trout removal efforts. I wish everyone would do what you guys did. Kill them all.
[signature]
Sorry- haven't checked this for a while. Blue fox brand spinners. Size 3&4. EARLY mornings were the key-5am to 8am.
[signature]
I'll have to try that on my trip to Shoshone Lake. Of course things will be different since the lake trout will have moved out into deeper water by then.

Windriver
[signature]