Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Salmon to Warm Lake yet?
I take my daughter up to the fish trap near Warm Lake every year so she can see the chinook. She LOVES this trip and talks about it for weeks after we go. We normally go the first or second week in July so I think it's probably too early yet, especially considering the spring we've had. Does anyone know if the big fish have made it up this far yet?
[signature]
Almost certainly not. This is based on the recent report of the Fish & Game that states no fish caught at all on the SF of the Salmon as of June 20. More importantly, no fish in the weir near Warm Lake as of June 23. This forum is reporting fish are being caught on the lower section of the SF but for viewing the major part of the run, it is my prediction that they will be dead on the normal schedule - or slightly later. The early fish this year were spring run salmon. You want to see summer run salmon and by all indications, they are on the normal schedule or slightly late.
[signature]
I was at the sf yesterday and all the fish and game would tell me is that no fish were at the weir yet. They said that they had pooled up in riggins and were stil waiting to come up.
[signature]
Thanks a ton for the info. I thought it was probably too early yet. We'll plan the day trip after the weekend of the 4th.
[signature]
Fish are there - my friend seen them at six bit on Wednesday. My hunch is they (F&G) are not going to report any fish caught or at the weir until the road is cleaned up. Not fixed but cleaned up. There is a lot of work to be done before the 4th and they are trying to keep the people away.

Oops I was wrong - they just reported 3 natives at the trap!! [Smile]
[signature]