Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help Restore A River in Peril
Dear Iowa & Nebraska Outdoor Sportsmen

I've have often spoke to you about the Mo. River Restoration and Recovery process. As individual Sportsmen we must engage the process to mount a campaign to restore the Mo. River. The natural ecosystem has been in a downward spiral the day that those at a federal level decided to straiten the river for their own designed purpose.
I realize that not all of you hunt or fish a long the Mighty Mo. River- but this is chance to have an impact at a national level on it's future management for the next 50 to 60 years.

The attached letter will add strength to our campaign as we move forward to restore the Mo. River and it's associated wetlands and backwaters. We must reconnecting the Mo. River to it's native Flood Plains and this means addressing the Native Hydrology issues from bluff to bluff. This will need to be done in areas where it is possible by reconnecting the Mo.River system back into the marshes and land locked native Back Waters. This process is undeniably important, and will be for decades to come and Fall Water Management levels need to be addressed in the restoration and Recovery planning process. Please consider joining this effort today to help restore America's Longest and most altered river. As sportsmen we can bring back the once great natural resources that use to abound in the river. These things we hold dear and we should not allow one of our National Treasures to be or continued on a path of wide spread degradation & distruction.

To take action, please send your native wetlands and back waters Support comments to: mraps@usace.army.mil

or send your written / typed letter to U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Missouri River Authorized Purposes

Study, Attn: CENWO-PM-AA, 1616 Capitol Avenue, Suite 9000, Omaha, NE 68102-4901.

For more information about the Missouri River Authorized Purposes Study, visit: www.mraps.org

Please contact me if you have any questions. Comments will be accepted through September 20, 2010.

Best regards,

William J. Smith
Sioux City Iowa
712-253-0362
FHD101 @ AOL.COM

WWW.MOVWA. COM

Missouri River Authorized Purposes Study
Scoping Meeting Schedule

Please also consider attending a meeting near you! June 14, 2010

Public meetings will run from 5 p.m. to 8 p.m. Tribal-focused meetings will be conducted in nearby
locations when marked with an asterisk (*). They will run from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.

Jul 07 New Orleans, La. Pontchartrain Center, 4545 Williams Blvd, Kenner
Jul 08 Memphis, Tenn. Memphis Marriott East, 2625 Thousand Oaks Blvd.
(Speakers’ comment portion will take place from 5 to 6 p.m. for this meeting only.
Open house will run from 6 to 8 p.m.)
Jul 09 St. Louis, Mo. Doubletree Hotel St. Louis, 1973 Craigshire
Jul 13 Topeka, Kan.* Holiday Inn Holidome, 605 SW Fairlawn Rd.
Tribal-focus: Haskell Indian National University, 155 E. Indian Ave, Lawrence
Jul 14 Salina, Kan. Ramada Conference Center, 1616 W. Crawford
Jul 15 Manhattan, Kan. Holiday Inn at the Campus, 1641 Anderson Ave.
Jul 27 Rock Island, Ill. Holiday Inn Conference Center, 226 17th St.
Jul 28 Des Moines, Iowa Holiday Inn Airport, 6111 Fleur Dr.
Jul 29 Sioux City, Iowa Stoney Creek Inn, 300 3rd St.
Jul 30 Yankton, S.D.* Riverfront Event Center, 121 W. 3rd St.

Aug 03 Cheyenne, Wyo. Holiday Inn I-80, 204 West Fox Farm Rd.
Aug 04 North Platte, Neb. Quality Inn Convention Center, 2102 South Jeffers
Aug 05 Denver, Colo. Doubletree Hotel, 13696 East Iliff Place, Aurora
Aug 17 Helena, Mont.* Red Lion Colonial Hotel, 2301 Colonial Dr.
Tribal-focus: Montana’s Museum, 225 North Roberts
Aug 18 Billings, Mont.* Holiday Inn Hotel, 5500 Midland Rd.
Tribal-focus: Montana State, 1500 University Drive
Aug 19 Thermopolis, Wyo.* Days Inn Thermopolis, 115 E. Park St.
Tribal-focus: Central Wyoming College, 2660 Peck Ave., Riverton
Aug 20 Casper, Wyo. Best Western Ramkota, 800 N. Poplar
[signature]

[signature]
How do I edit my own post guys? Point it out to me because if it was a snake it may have already bit me!

???????
[signature]
test
[signature]
You are right, there is no edit button on this board, strange. I'll check into it and find out what is wrong.
[signature]
thought I would join in on the test,
[signature]
nope, no edittin privies here
[signature]